Chapter 10

The next time I opened my eyes I was in a white room. For a moment I thought that I had finally died and went to heaven but then I heard the beeping. I closed my eyes and groaned. I hate hospitals. I've never liked them.

"Finally you're awake." Someone said. I opened my eyes again and looked around. When I turned though I felt a sharp pain in my side. As if someone was stabbing me. I looked down and say bandages all over my body. I had a cast on both my arm and my leg. I touch my ribs and felt the sharp pain again.

I remembered everything that had happened from before the kidnapping. Me finding out the truth about why my sister died and then the most painful memory of me getting slashed and cut and beaten at by Luke.

I slowly sat up, careful about my ribs. I turned my head and saw Louis. I looked at him confused. The only thing I don't remember is how I escaped from that horrible room.

"W-what happened?" My voice came out horse, like I've been yelling at the top of my lungs for hours, and technically that is what happened.

"Where should I start? How about you purposely getting kidnapped or How about a stranger came to my hotel and told us what really happened or us heroically saving you from that guy from the abandon warehouse?" He said. He didn't sound rude or mad or even bitter about me not telling them the truth though. I chuckled but immediately stopped even my ribs started hurting again. Louis looked m=at me worried and immediately reached for a cup of water and a pill.

"Here drink this." I looked at the pill uncertain. "It's for the pain. They don't want to give you too much morphine." I nodded and took the pill. I gulped down the water and tried to speak again.

"So I remember getting kidnapped and all but happened after wards? The last thing that I remember is a banging on the door and then I blacked out. “I looked at him. He smiled.

"Well let's just say it involved bravery, brains, a hero that you know well." He wink at me. I chuckled. My throat not hurting as much now that I drank the water.

"So Liam saved me, or was it Harry?" He looked at me, acting like he was offended.

"I'll have you know that those two barely helped at all." I rolled my eyes. The smile not leaving my face. I looked around for Detective Bond but didn't see him anywhere.

"Where's Detective Bond, I need to talk to him?"

"What?! You don't want to spend more alone time with your hero?!" I gave him a look that said 'I'm not joking right now, this is serious.' "Fine then, he is just in the waiting room, I'll go get him and leave you two alone." I nodded my thanks before he got up and left the room.

A minuet later Detective Bond came in. He smiled in relief at the sight of me being awake I think. With him though it's hard to tell.

"I'm really sorry. I know that I should've listen to you but I just have been feeling like I've been carrying the weight of the world. And I was tired-"

"Stop, I know what you mean, but if you do anything that is even related to what you did then you will end up in a mental hospital for your own good. As it is you'll need to take anti-depressants." I nodded my head.

"You won't have to worry about this happening again though." He looked me in the eye.

"Really? Well why don't you tell me what happened at that warehouse and what made you change your mind?" I took a deep breath before starting. I started to talk about how I decided to reveal my true identity, how I had ran away to find the killer. How I had found out it was Luke and that it really wasn't my fault. I avoided talking about the details about what happened after that though. Those memories were too painful to talk about. I finished my story but didn't stop there.