0.4

Eliz pov

"I know this sudden but what happened to your parents?"

It was as if someone said a triggered word of some sort.

"They just died ok." I replied. This was basically a textbook answer I learnt to say. It's my cop out.

"I know it's more than that but I'm not going to push for answers." Woozi replied. Damn it he sees right through me. And that's something considering we haven't been video chatting very often.

As much as we continued to make demos and write lyrics the thoughts about my parents kept on ringing in my head. I feel so guilty. It was all my fault.

"Eliz are you alright? You seem a little bit out of it." Asked Jihoon. Am I okay though. Before I knew it tiny tears escaped from my eyes but I couldn't hang up.

"If you want to cry just cry. It's better to get it all out."

"Jihoon ah if I tell you how my parents died don't hate me ok."

"How can I ever hate you?"

"People change"

///Flashback///

Having dyslexia and ADHD made me the laughing stock of the family. Our family was known for scholars and CEOs. Anything you associate success with. So having all these mental issues meant I was cancer to the family.

Of course my parents tried to solve my problem (although if abandoning didn't leave a bad rep they would have thrown me into a dumpster) so they sent me to a bunch of child psychologists. The most helpful one was the music psychology. So i went for a lot of those sessions. I vaguely remember enjoying them as well. So my parents thought all was well.

I started learning piano, violin, guitar and etc as a result for my liking for music. Ever since young I knew music was my calling but my parents, mother especially, had other plans.

They wanted me to be a doctor. Or a lawyer, or a CEO. Anything other than what I wanted to be. It reached a point till they stopped paying for the classes. "Elizabeth, you know music is good for development and all but you will not make a career out of it. I will not let you dig your own grave"

"But I hate all that other stuff. It's boring."

"BUT ITS HIGH PAYING SO DO AS I SAY."

After that I started to fail. I stopped taking my meds and stopped caring altogether. In my mind I thought that if I did badly there's no way I'll end up like what my parents wanted. If only I knew how it will all end up.

I was going to hell one day when I saw my mother on the sofa. Whiskey in one hand tequila in another. A terrible combo if you ask me. "Why did I even put you in those music classes. I was a terrible mother. You are the reason why this family is a failure and I was the one who raised you. I feel so embarrassed. I created a failure." She said drunk and messed up. At first I didn't care. Not an ounce of sympathy, but when I came home the whole world crashed on me.

My mother was hanging from the ceiling. Lifeless eyes and cold body hung there swinging with the wind. The sight and smell made me want to vomit.

"T-this is all m-my fault." I caused my mother's death. I remembered what my mother told me and I knew everything was true. I'm a failure who can't do shit.

When my father came back, he beat the shit out of me. Feeling guilty I took everything that came to me. In other words i had murdered my mother. I am no better than the rope around her neck. My brothers ran away from my father. I however couldn't bring myself to it. I subjected myself to what I truly deserved. My father's abuse.

I lived 2 years in pain and guilt. After those two years my father left. Whether he committed suicide or left me to rot by myself I have no clue.

I went to go live with my eldest brother who understood me. He became a chef instead of the business man my parents wanted. He almost got as much hate as me but not that much. I was still trapped in guilt. And I didn't want to get out.

///Flashback over///

"It's not your fault." Jihoon comforted

"Don't give me that bullshit. There's still more but I'm not telling you anything else."

"If this screen wasn't separating us I would let you cry on my shoulder. I don't hate you at all and you shouldn't hate yourself for it. I'm not going to pry answers off you. Just know that I will always be here for you. We're more than a collaboration. Honestly you're my best friend."

"And you're my best friend too."

We continued talking about our stories (mostly his) and we ended up falling asleep at the screen.