Chapter 5

Jungkook huffed as he checked his phone for the millionth time in the past half hour. He'd told Jimin his name and now the devilishly handsome brat wouldn't reply to him.

Just as he was about to forgo his pride and text him again his phone started ringing. The caller ID flashed up with the name he'd had stuck in his head since he met him.

Fumbling with his phone he calmed himself and cleared his throat before answering, trying to sound calm and cool to keep up his image.

"Hello."
"Um hi, Jungkook right? The police officer from the other night."
Jungkook found his heart beating faster at the sound of the other's  voice. How could a voice be so adorable?
"Yeah that's me. I'm glad your friend gave me the right number. I'll have to treat him to doughnuts." He replied cooly with a teasing tone and felt his heart flutter at the sound of laughter he received.
"I'm sure he'd appreciate that. He's Hoseok by the way. You might know him though as J-Hope."
"No way. He's J-Hope? As in the famous race car driver?"
"Yep. The very same. Honestly, that idiot forgets he's not on the race track and is always getting charged for speeding. I shouldn't have let him talk me into him giving me a lift."
"I'm glad he did though. Otherwise I would never have met you."
The line went quiet on the other end and Jungkook wondered if maybe he'd gone too far but when Jimin finally spoke up a smile spread across his face.
"W-why did you even ask for my number anyway?"
Jungkook could imagine the other blushing and couldn't help but tease him further.
"I already told you. You're cute and I'd definitely like to get to know you better. Let's get coffee some time."
"W-what?"
"Coffee. So when are you free?"
"Uh well I've got a day off this Thursday-"
"Great, I'm not on duty that day this week so I'll see you then. I'll text you the address of the coffee shop. I look forward to our date Jiminie~"

Jungkook ended the call and threw himself back onto his bed with a satisfied smile. He managed to get a date with Jimin. He'd have to tell Tae about this.

To: V

From: Jungkook

Yo Tae I got stuff to tell you

Jungkook was surprised when his notifications beeped not even a second later. That alien normally took ages to reply.

To: Jungkook

From: V

OMG SPILL

To: V

From: Jungkook

Quit texting like a 14 year old fan girl and meet me at the coffee shop near mine in 10

To: Jungkook

From: V

kk

Jungkook just groaned at Taehyung's behaviour before getting ready to head out. He wore his signature white T-shirt and black ripped jeans paired with his boots before shrugging on a black jacket. He checked his hair quickly in the mirror and decided to wear a black beanie seeing as it was a little chilly out and he didn't have time to fix his hair. He may only be getting coffee with his friend but he had an image to uphold.

Opening the coffee shop's door he quickly spotted Taehyung already seated by the window with two drinks in front of him. He was staring out of the window with a dazed look on his face as Jungkook approached him, trying not to laugh.

Jungkook had to admit it was a bit chilly but the bright yellow scarf with blue stars and colourful bobble hat the other was wearing was a bit over kill.

Clearing his throat to get the other's attention Jungkook looked at his friend with an amused smile as he seemed to have just noticed his presence.

"Kookie!"
Taehyung launched himself at the other to engulf him in a hug from across the table, almost spilling their drinks.

"Good to see you too Tae but chill, you're going to knock the drinks over."

Once the two sat down Junkook took a sip of the coffee Taehyung had ordered him.

"So what's the sitch?"

Trying not to laugh at his friend's wierdness Jungkook put down his mug and prepared to tell the story of that night.

"So J-Hope the famous race car rider J-Hope?"
"Yes yes for the hundreth time that J-Hope."
"So cool! So J-Hope and your crush-"
"I don't have a crush on him you idiot! And his name's Jimin."
"Okay so you caught them speeding and got the love of your life-"
"Tae-"
"Jimin's number and you asked him on a date. Right? So what's he like?"
"He's adorable. He's got the cutest laugh and his smile wow. He's pretty sexy too. His hair and his lips, I just want to-"
"Whoa slow down there, I don't need to hear about your fantasies Kookie. Sexy and adorable though. How is that even possible?"
Guess I'll find out Thursday."
"That's when your date is? Aww I wanna meet him but I'm working that day. Rearrange Kookie!"
"What? No way. It's my date and I don't want your alien ass ruining it."
"Boo~ You're very no fun."
"Shut up."
Jungkook chuckled at his friend's behaviour who sulked over his coffee for a while before cheering up instantly after being offered lunch when they were both next free.
"So how's the case going."

The two talked about Taehyung's recent case, as much as he could say that wasn't confidential. Being a detective he couldn't say much so they chatted about random things as they finished their drinks.

"Sorry Kookie they got some new information about the case I need to check out right away. Gotta blast!" Taehyung exclaimed after receiving a text from one of his co workers before dashing out of the coffee shop, earning some strange looks at his sudden exit.

Jungkook let out an amused sigh  before leaving some money for the drinks and started making his way back home. He quickly texted Jimin the address of the coffee shop while he remembered and smiled at the swift reply.

To: Jungkook

From: Jimin

I know the place
See you then

A/N: Yay Jikook be going on a date and our favourite alien joins the mix now. Next Chapter will be the date and Namjoon will make an appearance. Hope you liked this chapter, please leave a comment and tell me what you thought.