Chapter 8

Jungkook rolled his eyes as he'd found the gang that were causing trouble. They were kind of pathetic really but Jungkook noticed one had a gun and realised he'd have to be cautious. They were attempting to rob a jewellery store.

Jungkook headed over to his fellow officers waiting on standby and asked for an assessment of the situation.

"Pathetic looking right? Don't be fooled these are just decoys to throw us off, there are more in the back with hostages."

Jungkook bit his lip after hearing the severity of the situation. That was why they had called all officers to the area.

"What's the plan?" He asked swiftly, worried about the the people being held hostage.

"We were planning on drawing them out of the store so we can safely evacute the hostages."

Jungkook nodded whilst looking at the gang member guarding the door, holding the gun. He decided the best plan of action was to take out that guy first.

He waited for the member to turn around before kicking down the door and grabbing him in a choke hold, pulling him out of the store and flipping him over, taking away his gun. He let the officers restrain him while he handed the gun to one of the officers for safety.

The guard member looked dazed, the exchange having been too quick for him to react.

Jungkook trained his gaze back on the store and smirked at the sounds of shock from the members, wondering where one of their own had gone.

He cracked his knuckles as more members stomped out, some holding metal bars whilst some punched their fists together grinning darkly.

They charged at Jungkook who just stood their calmly, much to the worry of the spectators who had gathered but his fellow officers looked on with knowing smiles.

Jungkook grabbed the first by his outstretched arm, aiming for a punch that would never hit, and flung him over his shoulder with ease for the other officers to restrain him. He took each of them down one by one, aiming well placed kicks and punches and throwing the larger men like they were sacks of potatoes.

Jungkook smirked at the sound of cheering from the rather large audience that had gathered behind the police and gave them a thumbs up. His co-workers clapped for him and Jungkook felt a swell of pride before remembering the situation.

"What about the hostages?" He asked in worry as he gazed at the seemingly empty building before the door to the back room was kicked down.

"All under control."

Jungkook watched in awe as a man with pure white hair in a military uniform stepped out followed by a small SWAT team, some dragging the now unconscious gang members while the rest tended to the hostages.

The military officer dragged a larger looking man, who Jungkook assumed to be the leader, out by his hair uncaringly before dropping him in front of the police officers.

"I assume you can take it from here." He said as if the whole ordeal was nothing but an inconvenience to him which irritated Jungkook. He then turned to Jungkook with a slight smirk playing on his lips as he shifted his hands to his pockets.

"That was quite a show you put on there. I assume you're no civilian."

"No sir, I'm a member of the police force but it was my day off so I'm not currently in uniform." Jungkook admitted as he tried to show respect to the officer he was already starting to dislike.

"Name."

"Jeon Jungkook, sir." Jungkook tried not snap due to the officer's crappy attitude.

"Good work, Officer Jeon. Sorry for interrupting your date, you're free to go now." The officer replied with a lazy smirk, about to walk off.

"D-date? I wasn't on a date I was just-"
Jungkook spluttered as he could feel his cheeks turning pink. This day was honestly the most embarrassing in his life.

"Oh, its just you looked like you were all dressed up for someone. Forgive me for misunderstanding."
The officer said cooly, his smirk still present as he made to leave before he was ambushed but reporters.

Jungkook chuckled as he noticed the officer's irritation at the reporters before attempting to head home. Unfortunately for him he suffered the same fate as the officer. He was dragged by reporters to stand by the officer in from of a camera with microphones being shoved in their faces.

Jungkook looked around nervously as he'd never done this before but the officer was answering the questions cooly.

"The hostages are completely safe. Officer Jeon was able to distract some of the gang members whilst we evacuated the hostages and dealt with the rest of the gang members and its leader."

Jungkook just nodded along to whatever the officer was saying as he seemed to have experience dealing with this sort of thing.

After the gruelling interview session Jungkook attempted to ask the officer his name but realised he had already left before he got the chance to ask.

Jungkook groaned before calling Taehyung to make sure Jimin had gotten home alright.

"Tae-"
"Kookie you're on the news! Jiminie's recording it right now."
"What?"
"Omo Jiminie's blushing cuz you look so badass~
"Tae-"
"He didn't like me telling you that. Oops~"
"What are you-"
"I'll text you Jiminie's address. Come over right now so you two can make out or whatever."
Jungkook heard the muffled sound of arguing on the other end of the phone before Taehyung's unmistakable laughter.
"I know you want it Jiminie~ Gotta blast Kookie, hurry up!"

Junkook sighed before recieving the text with Jimin's address, quickly making his way there despite being completely exhausted from the day's events.

He decided to run there to save time as there was no telling what Taehyung would do to the poor boy while he was gone.

Luckily it wasn't very far and soon found himself knocking at his door, taking the time to catch his breath as he waited for it to open.

He felt a smile creep onto his face as the door began to open, excited at the prospect of seeing Jimin again, but his smile quickly vanished at the sight of the person behind the door.

"What are you doing here?"