Hayley and Elijah's Lost Love

The moment Elijah walked in through the door, Hayley's heart swelled with emotion. Not knowing how to handle it she walked away. Her thoughts in an awful jumble as she tried to come to terms with what she was feeling.

"I really wish you hadn't left," said Hayley.

"You know how my brother gets. It is not my fault he put a dagger in me once again."

Slap! "Don't make promises you can't keep."

Hayley walks away and slowly smiles to herself. Her emotions struggling to get under control. Oh my... Am I really falling for a vampire?  How am I supposed to continue on with this? I am pregnant with Klaus' baby and I am falling for his brother... How stupid can I be? Hailey thought to herself.

She walked into the house and into her bedroom. after she closed the door, Hayley sat on the bed and stared at the floor. Her skin prickled with the idea of kissing him. Not knowing where the thought came from she went to the door and opened it determined to find Elijah but seeing him there about ready to knock.

"Elijah," she whispered. "What- what are you doing here?"

Elijah slowly lowered his fist and straightened the suit he always seems to be in. "I was coming to ask what the slap was for, but then I realized that I should just say goodnight because I know what the slap was for. I gave you my word that I would protect you... and I failed you because of Niklaus's trust issues. For that I apologize." Elijah lowered his head and put his hands in his pockets.

"I am sorry that I slapped you. I just..." Hayley trailed off.

Elijah's head lifted and his eyes looked like there was hope flaring in the midst. Hayley inched closer to Elijah and rose to her toes. Elijah inhaled deeply and leaned the rest of the way to her lips.

The passion that flooded Hayley's bloodstream was overwhelming! She entangled her hands in his hair and pulled him closer to her. Elijah was caught off guard by the sudden pull of Hayley's actions and he slightly stumbled forward. His arms then wrapped around her waist as he pulled her closer to him! The kiss intensified and they slowly walked into Hayley's chamber.

To Be Continued...