Battle of New Orleans Pt. II

Elijah

I have a bad feeling about today. I can literally feel it in my gut.

I simply cannot forget the look that Hayley gave me when she told me that she was betrothed to Jackson. It was like for that one instant, I was in her head as if that is what she wanted. I could see it in her eyes, and hear it in the trepidation of her voice as she told me... she was beseeching me oh so quietly. She did not have to say what was on her mind, for I already knew. Hayley wanted me to fight for her, to claim her as my own.

Mine.

The word crept through my mind like a whisper in the wind and I couldn't help feeling that that is exactly what I wanted as well. The feeling was so overwhelming in her presence that I could not contain myself when I kissed her. It took all the will power I could muster to not overstep the line. But I had the feeling that even if I went further, Hayley would not mind at all. It was like I was watching myself from a distance and yet it was like I was in my own body at the same time while I kissed her.

Thinking about all of this, makes just want to kiss her again while she stood there in the dim lighting of the room while Genevieve casted the spell on the moon stones.

The lighting illuminated her features so beautifully.

Ms. Correa walked in looking a tad bit frazzled. "My people say Marcel is on the move. And he's bringing friends," she said.

Niklaus gave me a stern, determined look. "Get Hayley to safety," he said before he left the room.
Let the games begin, I thought to myself.

Quickly walking towards Hayley, I put my hand on her arm. "Come with me."

"No" she said. Ever the stubborn girl. She turned around to face me. "Someone needs to watch her," she said with a nod in Genevieve's direction.

All I could do was stare at her because she knew that I wanted nothing to do but to protect her, and yet she wouldn't budge.

"You should go and help Klaus," Francesca said. "My brothers and their security detail won't be much against a vampire army."

I looked at her and then back to Hayley making sure that she was absolutely alright with this plan even though I wasn't. when her eyes met mine and I saw the certainty shining over at me, it gave me some peace of mind. Not a ehole lot, but enough to let me think about helping Niklaus.

Though when I didn't budge, Francesca spoke again. "I'll stay with Hayley."

I believe thay Hayley could see that I still did not want to be on board with this plan or idea for that matter, so she came to me and met my eyes again.

"Go Elijah," she said with another nod. "And don't hold back."

And in that moment I wanted nothing more than to kiss her again, but like thr gentleman that I am, I left.

Hayley

Genevieve continued to mutter the spell while I heard the mumbling, muffled voices of Klaus and someone else; probably Marcel.

Suddenly, I heard a muffled scream of anger and what sounded like large rocks hitting the ground.

One of Francesca's men walked in. "Ms. Correa, we need to go. Your brothers already headed out the back."

She raised her hand to silence him. "Not yet," she said staring at the stones as if mesmerized. Genevieve continued to chant the spell over the stones.

The vibration of my phone caught my attention. Cami's name was on it. Rejecting the call I thought about why she would be calling me.

Finally, Genevieve stopped chanting and she picked one up. "The stones are finished, " she began. "I've done my part. Now it's up to you."

Yes! I was relieved. "I'll get them to the Bayou." I said to the witch.

"Actually, she was talking to me." Francesca said as she held out her hand to Genevieve.

"What the hell is this?" I demanded from the both of them.

"Call it a side deal," Francesca said with a small smile of victory. "The point is, I'm taking the stones."

"Are you out of your minds? Do you think humans can go up against Klaus?" I asked incredulously.

With no hesitation at all she answered, "No, I don't. But I'm not human." She finished as she pulled a knife out of nowhere and sliced the throat of the man who came in.

Instantly, she hunched over and felt the pain. "I'm like you, Hayley. And now I'm going to take back my town."

Anger washed over me and raced through my blood. I needed to defend my new city and the city of my unborn child. I needed to do something! I wasn't about to let some gangster come here and destroy everything that Klaus has worked so hard to fix for himself.

"Like hell you are," I said taking a step towards her... and like the snap of the finger, I blacked out.