Fun and Games

A little while later, Cornelia met up with her friends in the games room, and strangely enough, Rogue was not there. After a rather competitive game of table football, she asked Bobby "Hey, are you feeling alright? You seemed kind of odd earlier..."
"Earlier? But I didn't see you all morning!" He replied, looking slightly confused.
"Yeah you did, I waved at you in the corridor!" She insisted. Bobby didn't retort, he simply gave her another confused look and shrugged.
At that moment, Kitty walked past, so Cornelia waved at her to come and join them. "Hey guys! Where's Rogue today?" She asked, looking at Bobby. He told her he didn't know, but he had plans to meet her for lunch later that day.
"Oh" was all Kitty said in reply, and then they started another game of table football, even more competitive than the last.

~

It was late in the afternoon when Cornelia and the others figured out that something wasn't right. Storm had left in a hurry, with Cyclops in tow, who was complaining about a motorbike or something. Both of them were wearing their leather 'X-men' uniforms, and looked very serious.
Rogue never turned up for lunch with Bobby, so he was upset. A little too upset, in Cornelia's opinion, so she and John were attempting to cheer him up.
"Go long!" John said, throwing a fireball across the empty classroom, only for Cornelia to deflect it straight back at him with a mini force field. Before it had got very far, however, it turned to ice in midair and dropped to the floor with a smash.
"Guys, I'm not in the mood for this - I haven't seen Rogue all day, and she was so upset about that thing, what if she's in trouble?" he said
"Hey, relax - she's probably fine, and who cares anyway? Just chill out!" Pyro smirked at his unintentional pun, and Cornelia couldn't help but laugh. Even Bobby found it funny, and soon they were all just sitting there laughing, just like they used to when they first became friends. Underneath the laughs, however, all three of them were slightly worried about the unknown events that had come to pass that day.