Act 2 Scene 1

It is another stream - The Box - and Snake is once again playing Dark Souls Multiplayer. he has invited Coyote, and she has accepted, and has now joined him on his stream. In the two months that they've known each other, they've discovered a mutual love for music, good books, and creativity, and are now good friends. 

Coyote's POV

She fiddles with the controls, brow furrowed in concentration. 

Wolf: Gable, you've got a ghost. 

Gable: Oh, Sh- Those damn things follow me everywhere!

Miam: At least, you don't fall off cliffs.

Kifa 22: It was once! 

Snake: Twice... I got you. 

Everyone laughs. 

Kifa 22: I have yet to get you back for that, Snake. 

Snake: Not this stream, nerd. 

Coyote: *mutters* Not this lifetime... *To Snake* Cap'n! You want a Sun Battle axe? 

Snake: I think I have one, Sarge, but thanks. 

They all play for a while longer, and then they get onto the topic of travel. Coyote absentmindedly makes a comment in response a query Miam made about Southern heat.

Coyote: Well I'm going to the US next week, so I'll let you know, Mi.

Gable: You're coming to the States?

Coyote: ... Yeah. Doing a scholarship at one of the Uni's there. 

Kifa 22: Where are you staying? 

Coyote hesitates. She doesn't usually talk about talk about her personal life online. 

Coyote: Uh, Florida, at first, but I plan to go to Alabama or Texas. Sometime. 

She doesn't mention that she doesn't have a place to stay, seeing as she will be travelling a lot. Eventually the topic turns to flights, and soon, Coyote relaxes back into the game. She notices though that Snake says little more for the remainder. At the end of the stream, Snake says goodnight, stops 'recording', as it were, and signs off Twitch. Everyone is gone except Coyote, who is still playing in multiplayer. 

Coyote continues to play Dark Souls, barely noticing the end of stream, and humming vacantly. 

Coyote: - Knows what it's like, to be the bad man, to be the sad man. Behind blue eyes.

She doesn't realise that Snake is still in game, nor that he is still on team speak, so she jerks in surprise when she hears his deep rumble over the microphone. 

Snake: Stream's over, Coyote.

Coyote: Haha, really? Didn't notice...

Snake: ... You going to play Dark Souls a little longer? 

Coyote: Yeah... Unless you don't wanna host for another hour. I can get off if you want.

Snake: No, it's fine. I'll hang around for a while. 

Coyote: Okay.

They play together for some time, not talking much. Finally, Snake asks one of his rare questions. 

Snake: Do you have a place to stay? When you go to Florida, of course. 

Coyote: No. I figured I'd stay at a motel or something. I haven't even fully decided where to go yet. I said Alabama or Texas, but I've never been to New York, so I might actually head up in that direction... Know any good places? 

Snake: I know a few. I'll send you some links. 

Coyote: Thanks, Snake: That'd be good.

20 minutes later, they say their goodnights and sign out.