The Alpha

Tuffnut yelled at the top of his lungs before charging at the cell door. His helmet met the metal bars and bounced off, a metallic ring vibrated from the impact. Tuffnut lost his footing as he fell backwards, nearly crashing into his sister.

"Tuff, you've been doing that for the past three hours," Kari yawned, "Give it a rest."

Tuffnut jumped back up, more determined than ever, "Man that's some strong metal. They're pretty serious on the dragon proofing around here." He readjusted his helmet and prepared himself for another go. The caged dragons had grown quiet when night fell. As if they expected someone to show up.

'The Masked Dragon Rider will come tonight,' one whispered in the darkness.

'They'll always come with the Alpha,' another added.

"Alpha? What Alpha?" Andres looked to Fishlegs; hoping that he would know, "Fishlegs...Fishlegs!"

"Huh!? Oh sorry," Fishlegs turned to his friends, "I'm having a hard time understanding how they got my Meatlug and Toothless. Gronckles are immune to Dragon Root and that plant can do some pretty nasty stuff to a Night Fury."

"They used sleep darts on your dragons," Snotlout explained before rolling over, annoyed that he couldn't get any sleep.

'And they gave me this weird purple stuff,' Toothless chimed in, 'My body rejected it at first but now I feel better.'

Kari sat still, her mind busy with thought. She tried to think of any plan that would get them and their dragons out of there. But one problem kept coming up; she had no idea where they were. Maybe underground? Kari sighed, defeated and tired. Maybe she'll come up with an escape plan tomorrow.

O

The cold air was still. Midnight had just passed. The Waxing Crescent moon hung high in the sky as it loomed over Eret's fort. A lone dragon laid huddled in a pit-like cage. It looked up at the night sky, wishing to fly free. Then the dragon heard the footsteps of a night watchman as he made his rounds. When the man crossed the gate the dragon snarled and growled. The man, with a tired look on his face, grunted and slammed his foot onto the metal. "Quiet!" he ordered. The dragon ceased it's threat and retreaded back into the shadows of the cage. "That's right," the man taunted, "You do as I say." With a chuckle the man walked out of sight.

The dragon laid it's head down to sleep. A quick shadow darted across the moonlight that was being casted into the cage. The dragon crept forward but saw nothing in the sky. Just as the dragon shrugged it off something big dropped from the sky and landed directly in front of the cage. The captured dragon jumped back; startled. The dragon stared at the cage until a head popped up. It was a dragon; more specifically a Woolly Howl. The Strike Class dragon smiled down at the doomed dragon. Then a much larger dragon landed right beside the Howl, a Stormcutter. The orangish-brown dragon cocked his head and purred. Then the dragon outstretched his wings and landed on the gate. The Stormcutter's talons grasped the cold bars tightly as he began ripping off the entire gate. The metal creaked loudly as the Stormcutter pulled with all of his might.

"Hey! What's going on over there!?"

The Stormcutter quickly yanked off the gate and tossed it effortlessly aside. The Woolly Howl and the Stormcutter turned to see a group of Hunters charging them with all sorts of weapons. The Stormcutter jumped protectively in front of the Woolly Howl and blasted his tornado-shaped fire at the men. The Hunters scattered and ducked for cover. The Woolly Howl could hear more men coming. They would be surrounded soon. The Woolly quickly ordered the Stormcutter to free the trapped dragon; he obeyed without question. Then the Woolly Howl ran over and roared up to a Deadly Nadder who had hid herself. The Nadder shot out her fire and it streamed across the night sky before exploding and lighting up the area for a short second. As more men approached the ground began to shake violently. And then it appeared as if the sea had come to life! The calm water suddenly erupted and a massive white dragon rose up as if from the bottom of the sea. The mountain sized dragon easily towered the fort as he roared and brought his massive clawed feet down upon the weak walls.