Imprisonment

Another few weeks passed and it was nearly time to head home for the holidays. I would be staying at Hogwarts in the Room of Requirement, as already discussed with Snape. Few would be leaving us, but Luna was optimistic about seeing her father and Ginny had plans of her own. 

I met with Draco in the Owlry the day lessons were done. 

"Anything new?" I asked. "What's the plan for Ginny?"

"I don't know," Draco said. "I'm kept out of the loop for the most part, Alexandria."

"Is there anything that you do know? I'm running out of things to talk about with Snape. He's not exactly the conversing type."

"Why do you hang around there so often?"

"I want to hear if anything happens," I said.

"I'm sure Snape would send for you if anything were to happen."

"But it isn't always that easy Draco," I said. "How is he supposed to know where I am?" 

"If you're not in the Great Hall, you're in the Room of Requirement," he pointed out. I shrugged. "Oh, now that I think of it, I do know of something." 

I pursed my lips together and waited for him to continue. 

"They're taking in Loony Lovegood. The Dark Lord isn't happy with what her father's been writing in the Quibbler."

"That's rubbish!" I exclaimed. "It's the Quibbler for christ's sake! Xenophilous Lovegood isn't about to built an army off of his ruddy magazine!" 

"Still, they told him if they turn over Potter that they'll give her back to him."

"Why would Harry waltz into ol' crackpot Lovegood's house?" I asked, shaking my head. "He wouldn't." 

"That's the thing, he wouldn't, and Loony isn't ever going to escape the dungeon. Maybe when the war's over, or something I suppose.."

"Wait," I said. "Wait, Draco."

"What is it?"

"What if I took her place?" 

"Why the bloody hell would you do that?!" 

"Because I can't just let Luna be in there forever, can I?" I thought about the situation for a few moments. "If I'm still in there by the end of Easter then you can break me out."

"I'm not going to get in trouble-"

"Oh, come on," I said. "No one would notice if you took 'Luna'. It's not like they're planning to interrogate her, they just need somewhere to keep her."

"I don't know..."

"You'll have my wand, and if I need anything you'll be there," I said.

"Until I leave to come back here," he pointed out. I shrugged. 

"I'll be fine on my own, Draco," I said. "It won't be the first time being on my own for months."

He sighed and paced the room. His eyes looked deep in thought for a few moments and it looked like he was going to dismiss the plan again. 

"I can't stop you, and I know you'll do it anyway."

"So you'll help me?" I gave an almost squeal of delight. 

"I'm not giving you my approval, but I'm also not going to refute the idea."

"Thank you Draco, thank you," I said, quickly wrapping my arms around him and releasing him moments later. "You're the best fake-brother-twin ever."