Chapter Two: Waterslides and Sexual Innuendos

OF COURSE, being me, my very first instinct was to laugh, like the incredibly dignified woman that I am.

Unfortunately, that never works out quite right.

"I'm sorry, what? What do you mean are you ready to leave?" I scoffed, managing to practically cough up all my food in the process. Hastily snatching a napkin, I covered my mouth whilst coughing before setting my gaze on Alec.

I narrowed my eyes, the sudden realization dawning upon me that my father had just betrayed me. Like, his own blood. Clearly, we had some serious problems going on in our relationship at the moment. How could he not tell me that he meant the Grays? 

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as though I'm missing something?" I pointed out.

Now Lila was giving me the look. Like, the could you just shut up before you mess up everything? look. Waving off her scolding glances, I turned my attention to my dad.

"We're going to the water park with him?" I questioned, managing to steal a glance at the devil himself. He was hiding his splutters of laughter behind the sleeves of his hoodie.

My mother nodded, grimacing at my tone. After sending a warning glance my way, she grabbed hold of my hand, dragging Lila along with her.

"Come on, girls. We'll get going now, see you in the lobby!" she said, before throwing me a nasty glance and dragging us off.

I winced at her harsh grip. "But mama. You don't understand. We can't go with him!" I whined.

She sighed. "Zara, whether you like it or not, your father has already agreed to go. Will you always have such unreasonably childish behavior?"

I guess.

Lila set her gaze on me with twinkling eyes. "What's the big deal, Zar? He's cute, and so far, he seems to be interested in you. I mean, what's not to like?" she giggled.

I muttered incoherent profanities under my breath before letting out a sigh. "Alright, I understand." I murmured.

Who knows? Maybe Alec wouldn't be a complete ass and might restrain from making unnecessary comments and I would actually somewhat enjoy my time at the water park. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Hah, kidding.

Trudging back to my room, I snatched one of those weird triangl bikinis that my sister got me for my birthday because she claimed they looked cute from my open suitcase. Tying my hair up into a ponytail, I slipped into my flip flops whilst replacing my glasses with white cat eye sun glasses.

Once I reached the lobby, I immediately looked around for a sign of my dad. Instead, to my utter dismay, I found Alec.

Stealing a quick glance at him, he was wearing regular beach shorts and a tightly fitted shirt, sun glasses propped onto his head just as I had done with mine. He strode over with his shoulders relaxed. Then again, I guess his flip flops ruined the whole im a really sexy bad boy vibe, squelching against the polished floors.

"Like what you see?" he smirked.

"I guess you could say I'm not really an animal person." I said breezily, shrugging.

"If I'm an animal, call me wild." he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

I screeched, slapping his arm with my flappy cardigan sleeve. "Gross, you pig! Never refer to anything like that again. Except the you being an animal part."

He laughed, slinging his arm over my shoulders. "So, Zara," he said slyly, "Are you excited to go to the water park with my family? If your lucky, I might even introduce you to the 'rents." he winked, chuckling.