Chapter Three: Orange Juice Threat

"JESUS Christ, Zar. What on Earth are you studying for? School isn't for another three weeks!" screeched Lila, grabbing hold of my French book with a scowl on her face.

I rolled my eyes and huffed, holding out my hand. "I can't seem to remember a single word of anything, Lila. If I don't study, how do you think I'll manage going to school again?" I said.

She grumbled under her breath, "You're supposed to be having fun, Zara. Who in their right mind keeps a textbook with them on summer vacation?" she exclaimed.

In all honesty, that was exactly what ran through my mind when I had packed them. But then I realized that a lot of people do, and that without them I'd probably become brain dead rotting away in a hotel. It's even worse now that I'm stuck here with the likes of Alec.

Ah, Alec. The wonderful boy next door who'd spent half the morning blasting his Metallica so loudly that my walls were vibrating and I could hear it in my sleep. Truth be told, even being at school early seemed far better than having him right next door, practically jumping at the chance to piss me off.

Yawning, I grabbed my room card and waved it in Lila's face. "I'm going to get some breakfast, Lila. Stick around, or don't!" I smiled sarcastically.

Without a second glance, I shuffled out in a pair of jeans and a cropped white lace shirt and readjusted my glasses whilst making my way to the elevator. A few minutes later, I reached the breakfast bar and skipped inside before reaching for some goodies to pile up onto my plate.

Unfortunately, I was greeted with Alec Gray's infamous smirk and orange juice pouring down my front instead.

Dammit.

I gasped, my teeth clattering. The crisp air combined with refrigerated orange juice was making my hair follicles sting and I did not appreciate it.

"I thought we were over the whole, I'm going to constantly try to embarrass you in public, thing?" I snapped, a scowl etched onto my features.

Irritatingly enough, Alec cocked his head to the side with a grin. "What thing? You should watch where you're going next time, love. Orange is so not your color." he said breezily, sniggering.

I murmured profanities under my breath, shivering. Disbelief coursed through my veins, along with insecurities and mainly anger. By now, a waitress had caught sight of what had happened and handed me a towel. I opened my mouth to spit out a furious remark, but it was too late; Alec had already disappeared.

Fine. Alec wants to play dirty?

Let's play, asshole.

***

Enveloped in blankets with steaming hot chocolate on the nightstand and Now You See Me 2 playing on the television, this was exactly how I'd anticipated my summer vacation to be. That, and multiple gatherings at the beach. None of which included Alec Gray. Or planning a murderous I'll get you back for drenching me in orange juice the temperature of the Atlantic revenge plot for that matter.

Just as I snuggled deeper into my blanket cocoon, the door bell rung. I sighed, pausing the television and brushing off my navy blue cropped hoodie and matching sweats.