19

"You walk like Bertha." Ray teased. Elijah rolled his eyes at the comment.

"We've been dating for a month and you're already being mean. Aren't these supposed to be the good days?" Elijah grumbled through his smile as he carried his basket of laundry up the stairs.

"Here, let me help you." Ray laughed, taking the basket from Elijah. He walked ahead, skipping a few steps and leaving Elijah behind. He didn't forget to greet a smiling Charles who'd been bundled at the bottom of the steps.

"Can't you find another damn staircase to sleep on?" Ray snapped and Charles frowned.

"You really need to stop being so damn rude to Charles. It's extremely unnecessary."

"Who?"

"That's Charles." He pointed. "And I want you to apologize to him."

"I'm not about to apologize to that damn man." Ray snapped, turning around to face the man. He glowered at Elijah.

"Bye then." Elijah snatched the basket and proceeded up the stairs.

"Wait." Ray groaned. Elijah turned around with a big growing on his face.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, Charles." Ray grumbled.

"How could he possibly hear you when you're mumbling like that?"

"I'm sorry, Charles." Ray said louder. Ray would've never apologized. Elijah was changing him and it didn't exactly bother him. He didn't mind changing for the man.

"It's no problem. You didn't have to apologize, young man." Charles shook his head.

"See." Ray scoffed, heading up the stairs.

"Why are you so fucking mean?"

"Why are you so nice?"

"Don't answer my question with a question." Elijah snapped. "Being rude will get you nowhere."

"It got me in your arms." Ray wrapped his arms around Elijah's waist and pecked the side of his neck.

"It was the hair." Elijah teased. "And I refuse to walk around being known as that rude guy's boyfriend." Elijah attempted to unlock his door but failed. He huffed, shoving the basket back to Ray.

"Aw." Jacob smiled, clapping his hands. "I knew it," He turned towards Chresanto. "Didn't I say they were gonna date? Look at them, Chres." He whined. "They're so-aw!" He tugged on Chresanto's shirt as he tried to unlock the door as well.

"Christ, it's not a big deal, bug." Chresanto groaned, pushing open the door.

"I know but-" the other half of his sentence was cut off when Jacob shut the door behind him.

"That boy." Ray shook his head and stepped inside once Elijah opened the door. "Will be the death of me."

"He's sweet." Elijah shrugged and hopped on the counter.

Ray set the basket down in the living room and walked into the kitchen. "I guess." Ray shrugged. Truth was, Jacob was growing on him—he'd encountered the overly excited boy a few times before but they were fleeting. He knew something was wrong but didn't know exactly what. Jacob was simply trying to make the best of his situation, though he could be a little annoying.

"Charles is a good guy too." Elijah added.

Ray stood in between Elijah's legs and wrapped them around his waist. "I guess."

"Is that your answer for everything, weirdo?"

"I guess." Ray added teasingly and planted a kiss on his cheek, trailing his lips down to Elijah's neck. The cold lip ring brushed against a spot that made Elijah nearly melt in his arms.

"Ray." Elijah exhaled when Rayan began to trail his tongue over the same spot. His intention was to just leave a mark on him but Elijah felt like heroin to an addict—in this case, Rayan was the addict. He sucked on the skin, sinking his teeth in a bit. Elijah let out a whimper and Ray felt him hardening against him.

Ray smirked against his skin and pulled away, he had achieved his goal of leaving a mark on his skin. "Why'd you stop?" He stammered.

"I wasn't going to have sex with you, Elijah." Ray chuckled. "I don't want to rush things."

"Oh."

"Yet."