21

"Tessa, Christ, you're being annoying." Elijah shouted, interrupting her obnoxious questioning. She was talking Rayan to death.

"I'm just striking conversation." She frowned.

"You're being annoying, asswipe." Elijah shook his head. "Where's Jasper?" He wondered aloud, now channel surfing. He'd invited his sister to a little gathering at his place—they were just waiting for Jon and Melian to arrive.

"At home with his dad." She shrugged. "It's mommy's night out."

"Oh that's my nephew, by the way." Elijah informed Rayan who'd been listening curiously.

Before more conversation could start, Jon and Melian barged inside.

"I want all these hoes to know!" Melian started.

"That a real nigga just hit the do'! No more Versace get off of my clothes!" Jon finished, making his presence known. Elijah shook his head at the scene—Melina's hair was now back to its original blonde color whilst Jon's hair remained pink.

"I got the booze!" Melian yelled.

"I got...nothing!" Jon called behind her and kicked the door shut. He joined the three in the living room, grinning as his eyes set on Tessa—she frowned at the man. "Girlfriend." Jon sang.

"Boy if you don't-"

"Melian, pass me a beer." Ray laughed. Melian walked in with a six pack of Budlight. She made sure to shove Jon out of the way before handing him a can.

"I would say I'd snatch you bald but somebody already beat me to it." Jon insulted.

After a while, the group dispersed—Rayan retreated to the kitchen to clean up a little, Tessa followed.

"So what are your plans with my brother?" Tes hummed and plopped on the counter. That was something her and Elijah had in common. They loved sitting on the counter.

"What do you mean?" Rayan looked up from the fridge.

"Are you gonna hurt Elijah like the last boy did?" She raised her freshly arched eyebrow. Tessa pursed her lipstick coated lips together, eyeing Rayan—she was threatening him without saying a word.

"Not intentionally." He shrugged and shut the fridge, now leaning against it. "I'm not a bad guy...around him at least." He chuckled.

"Mhm." She hummed. She didn't buy it at all.

"I like your brother a lot, Tessa." He admitted. "More than I've ever liked anyone before. I'm going try to make it last but trying is all I can do. I'm not perfect."

Elijah, who they thought were asleep on the sofa, was listening.