Chapter 7

Dean couldn't move, his legs would not cooperate. He stared at Castiel as he curled into a ball on the floor. then he was moving. He scooped the man up like he weighed nothing and sat him in the desk chair by the computer. He looked around the office until he found a first aid kit then proceeded to clean and bandage Castiel's arm and hand. Castiel was completely silent, like he couldn't believe that Dean was helping him. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Dean asked quietly, he didn't want to push. Castiel was silent for a moment before he mumbled an answer. 

"I-I dropped a vase, and I've always been clumsy." Cas slowly explained. Dean let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. He was glad that Cas was okay, at least it wasn't on purpose. Dean couldn't stop himself and he wrapped his arms around Castiel. Cas froze momentarily before burying his face in Deans muscular chest and hugging him back just as tightly. Neither of them moved, whether is was fear if what had happened or relief they were both okay. That was until Gabriel and Sam stumbled into the office to see glass and blood on the floor and Deans arms around Cas. Gabriel froze before he charged after Dean like an angry bull. He practically ripped Dean off of his baby brother before throwing a punch at Deans face, smashing right into his chiseled jaw. Dean stumbled back just in time to get a bony knee right in the stomach before an elbow into his eye and nose. He fell into the wall and slid down it holding his face as Gabriel approached. Gabriel kneeled down and grabbed a handful of Deans shirt and whispered in a tone that sent a shiver down the spines of everyone in the room.

"What the hell did you do to my baby brother?" Gabriel asked, his tone deadlier than a man with a gun to your head. Gabriel didn't even need one, his tone and body language was enough to scare Dean. Castiel slowly approached and put a hand on Gabriel's shoulder. 

"Gabriel stop. I dropped a vase and not only did Dean break down the door to help me but he stayed to make sure i was alright." Castiel attempted to sooth his crazed older brother and he watched and Gabriel slowly relaxed before hugging Cas.

"Dammit Cassie you have got to be more careful. See I had to meet your new boyfriend and I already kicked his ass. Thanks baby bro." Gabriel turned to Dean and looked sheepish. "I'm sorry I beat the shit out of you, but in my defense it didn't look good."

 Dean got up from the floor and shrugged, wincing slightly at the pain in his ribs. 

"Don't worry about it, i'd do the same and worse if it was my brother. And I have to admit you can sure throw a punch." Dean chuckled and held his hand out. "Dean Winchester, and you've already met my baby brother Sam." Gabriel just smirked and replied, "You have no idea." Sam immediately blushed and slapped Gabriel in the back of the head. Dean on the other hand shivered and gagged as he held a hand up. "Never tell me." Castiel smiled and looked at the three of them, his life was definitely going to change.