Auditions

Julianne's POV

A week has passed and the auditions are today. Am I feeling nervous? Yes. But not as nervous as these sweaty dancers around me biting their nails, hyperventilating, or going through the steps multiple times in this crammed and stuffy backstage. And it didn't help either that I was slightly Clausterphobic. I am ready to accept whatever the outcome is. I mean if I get picked, FREEDOM! And if I don't, STUCK AT MY DREAM JOB! I am ready to accept whatever it is because I know that it's God's will if I don't get or get picked.

Jessica and I have helped each other in choreographing each other's pieces. And may I say, we did a mighty fine job. I am quite excited to audition today, nervous too because my tweenhood bestie is a judge. I know that I've already technically met him but That's different. I didn't know it was him, unlike like now that I am well aware that it's him. Anyway, I decided to dance Modern, Classical, and Hip-hop to the a remix I found of a cover done by an amazing band called IM5. Some songs that are included are: Someone Like You, Hopeless Place (not so sure of the name), Stereo Hearts, and etcetera. While Jessica is doing a modern and classical ballet dance to the song: Believe in Me by the ever so beautiful, awesome, and talented Demi Lovato. Obviously, I am a Lovatic, but I don't go crazy. A simple "Oh my glob, it's her." is all I'd do. And when it comes to IM5, since I am kind of a 5er, I'd simply say "Ermehglerb, you guys are amazing singers and you can dance." yeah. Not so big on the screaming.

Moments later Fiona, one of my friends and fellow LSPA Company member who happens to be a fan of One Direction, comes practically wiggling from excitement. I was pretty amusing to watch.

"Oh my goodness, you guys! One Flomping Direction is out there in the audience about to watch 'moi' perform! Can you believe it? Oh my g-- what if I make a mistake? What if I--" I shook her shoulder to catch her attention.

"Fiona! I'm you're going to do just great. You're a gifted dancer already, now you just gotta show it." I encouraged her.

"Thanks Julie, you're the best. Hope you do well too!" she smiled before taking her spot behind the curtains or wings as we dancers call it.

"You nervous?" I nudged Jessica. She looked at me before laughing nervously.

"No duh. But I know that I can do it with God's help," she smiled at me, which gladly returned. "I think it's almost my turn. I'm all good?" she asked standing up spreading her harms apart for me to inspect her properly. Jessica had her blonde locks in a half pony-tail, and her sporting a green spaghetti-strapped, x-crossed back leotard, a flowy ballet skirt, and pink tights folded up to her mid-calves. She was on pointes. While I went with a more hip-hop style; I curled the ends of my hair or Jess curled my hair since I have no clue when it comes to make-up fancy shmancy and hairstyles and I did a half pony-tail as well. I wore black leggings and a small green over and one shoulder shirt that reached up to my ribs over a black tank top. And since I was also going to do ballet, I went with pointes.

I looked out at the stage once I heard Jessy's music begin. She moved along with the music, giving off the emotion needed to be expressed, and doing every arabesque, pirouette, chassé, piqué, and even a simple téndu or plié elegantly. She danced so beautifully I was major proud of her. Whenever she'd smile, her eyes would sparkle and it was evident that she loved what she was doing. She ended with a chassé grande jeté before curtsying making everyone erupt in to applauses. She hurried off stage panting and sweating but smiling madly.

I nudged her shoulder, she did the same before giving me a hi-5 then a low-5 before shuffling our feet like we were playing and slapping our hands back and forth before grabbing each others hand swinging it down. It'd become our handshake ever since we were 9, and it became something we've done often as celebrating instead of jumping and squealing like girlys.