~ 1 ~

"Mom, I'm going to school now. Don't stress yourself, okay."

Mom nodded as she cupped my face to kiss my forehead. I tried to hide my tears that started to fall down. Then, I closed the door and goes down the stairs.

It had been 2 months since I knew the fact that my mother was diagnosed with liver cancer. For worse, it was Stage IV. I can't believe that my parents had the heart to keep this from me.

"Do you need a drive? I'll tell the driver to send you to the school.", asked Dad while tying his tie.
"It's okay, Dad. I don't think I'll take your offer. I need fresh air." As I'm about to close the main door, Dad called my name and said, "Eunji, will you promise to us. Don't be sad anymore. Be happy like always." Dad pulled me for a hug and whispered, "Mom and Dad love you." I just nodded and forced a smile.

«At School»
Eunji's POV

Here I am. Standing in front of the hallways. From here I could tell that everyone was 'excited' to go to their respective classes.

"OPPA, STAY WHERE YOU ARE OR ELSE I'LL K-"

🔔🔔*ding - a - ding*🔔🔔

"PREPARE YOURSELF AT HOME, MIN YOONGI!!", said a girl from the end of the hallway.

"What's wrong people in this morning. Can't they stop yelling at each other?", I mumbled.

Out of sudden, someone just slinging an arm over my shoulder while panting hardly, to be exact it's a guy. I stopped walking abruptly, eyeing the guy beside me. His pale skin. His light pink hair. His small lisp. Wait a minute, why I'm describing him?.

"Keep walking. Take me with you. I'm so tired to move my own legs.", he told me while making a puppy eyes and pouted. Seriously this guy. What he thinks of me, his slave?

As I took his arm from my shoulder, I pushed him away from me. I gave him a death glare before I turned my feet to my class. Aishh, I can't be late for my first day of class.

I walked into my class and took a seat at the back. If only I didn't meet that guy I could save my seat at the second row or middle, not at the last row. I puffed my cheeks as my mind traveling around my head.

*pokes*

I looked to my right involuntary because someone just poked my puffed cheeks, only to see the same guy was sitting beside me. He still has the gut feeling to sit with me after the death glare I sent to him.

"Hi.", said him with his gummy smile. He gave out his hand to me. Maybe he wants me to shake hands with him. I replied, "H- Hi?" Why I'm stuttering? Gosh, this can't be happening.

In a second, he took my hand and shook it both, "I'm Yoongi. Min Yoongi. Your deskmate." Too suprised by his action, I took my hand from his grasp harshly and shouted, "What's wrong with you?" I could tell that he was taken aback as he slowly pulled his hand and turned his body to the front, ignoring my rhetorical question.

Our classmates had their eyes on us, asking whats and whys. I mumbled 'Sorry' to them and turned my face to Yoongi, who was hanging his head low while staring blankly at his desk. I had the urge to apologise to him but I don't know how to start it.

"Yaa.. Min Yoongi.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.", I said while poking his arm with my ruler. Without turning his body to me, he snatched the ruler and exclaimed, "Tomorrow you have to bring me a brunch then I'll consider your apology."

"WHAT??!!", I shocked.

"No other options. Okay?", he said to me as he was flashing a smile.

 Okay?", he said to me as he was flashing a smile