Chapter Four

For someone as attentive as Michael, he had to hear that again. "What?" His voice was velvety and light. Prince had swallowed and breathed out. The fire that was ablaze in both men soon extinguished, and nothing but cold feelings were left. Prince's heart was cold as winter, but was hit with a ting of July's summer days that had him a tad bit warm. Michael's warmth soon got chilly as ice in the arctic, and he couldn't shiver to show it for the life of him.

      "I said 'fine.' If it's what you think is best, then I guess we could do it." Michael was joyed, but not too much, though. He began to think of all the things he would have to go through with the other man. His conceitedness, not too mention his smart mouth. Maybe if they stayed out of easy other's way during all this, then everything would probably go well.

      Probably.

      There was just one question on Prince's mean, "Why do I have to move in with you? I mean, why not vice versa?"

   "Because I like it here in California." Michael's caffeine eyes met the creamy ones of Prince. Just that tiny action made Prince's lower lip quiver slightly. Hormones - the signaling molecules - were causing a change in young Prince's behavior. They were boosting things - strange things- for him to do. Just moments ago was he despising Michael, and now he was acting like an alternate version of himself. Maybe it was the niceness. Yeah, the niceness.

     "And I like it back in Chanhassen," Prince shot back. Now they were back at square one. Michael shook his head, warm feeling now back in his bones. A curl fell over his face, prompting him to flick his hand over his forehead to remove the stray trendil. Prince, on the other hand, had been acting like a delicate creature, and now he was the Devil's doppelganger; a term his father had once told him long before his rise to fame. A small tick of a bomb could set off the most damnable act of him, and everyone knew.

     "Look, it's simple, Prince. If you just come to stay with me, you won't have many problems getting around with the attention we'd get." Prince slightly cocked his head to the side in an offended manner.

      "Meaning?" he asked, sliding his hands and arms from his legs to place over his chest as he folded his limbs once again. Michael bit at the corner of his lip. How should he come off as non-ignorant? Releasing his lip, he was fast to raise his eyebrow up then back down. 

     "Well, you're a bad boy, Prince."

     "And you think you're an angel yourself?" He countered back without warning. Michael shrugged. Normally, Prince would be happy that someone called him bad, but when Michael did it, it felt like he being told his flaws...which he was. As if Michael was the teacher and Prince was the troubled student, he felt like he was being scorned. It annoyed him to the highest degree that Michael was trying to analyze his life like he was in medical examiner's office for an autopsy.

    "I know I'm no better than anyone else, but behavior-wise with you...uh, it's no contest." Prince frowned more. "Hey, people think I'm the good guy. I never went and told anyone wrong, though." Prince mockingly smiled at him. That smile was telling Michael that Prince was about to say something snarky, evil and mean. Prince had that kind of affect on anyone he had to encounter: being a prince meant getting everything the king did, but this Prince would be on top.