Chapter Nine

Prince was walking through Michael's garden of cherry blossoms, and even took a few whiffs. He knew that the Devil, himself, would be out there at any minute, so he patiently took his time enjoying the scenery of things. One thing he did notice that was different was the temperature change. From Minnesota to Santa Barbara, it got from freezing to broiling. Though he did appreciate the warm air. After a catnap, Prince had decided on going somewhere around the estate to calm his nerves. The sleep kind of helped, but he was still thoroughly pissed. When he heard the voice of Michael calling his name, he took a breath in and rolled his eyes with repetition of annoyance within him.

      Lord, what does this man want? Prince thought in annoyance.

      He then heard crunching of dry grass as he looked on to see Michael in a tight t-shirt with tight pants. Prince's hand grew hot as he witnessed how Michael's chest was glistened in sweat, his forehead the same way. Prince shook his head and took a step back as Michael walked up to him.

      "What are you doing? It's scorching out here?" Michael asked as he wiped an arm over his brow to remove the tiny takes of sweat on him.

      "I could ask you the same," he replied after crossing his arms. Michael's eyes drifted to the sky as the sun beat his skin to bits. He bit his top lip and chuckled.

      "Well, I always take my walks out here whenever I can, you know, just to enjoy nature's beauty."

      "Well, become an agriculturist. But for now, this is my time. My alone time, if you will," Prince snapped. Clearly, he was still pissed about earlier, though Michael found it amusing.

      "Let's at least try to be cordial to each other, Prince. You have a whole month to be here, and I want to be somewhat of a friend to you." Prince chuckled at him while shaking his head. He leaned forward to get in Michael's face a little.

      "You don't get it, do you? Let me put it to terms only you could understand; I don't want to play with you, Peter, nor Wendy; I don't want to run around your magical fairy land of games; and I don't want to spend a whole three months with Mickey or Winnie." Prince leaned back and smirked at Michael and the way he looked, because he knew he had just criticized the things he probably loved the most. Michael removed his arm and glared down at Prince. "What - didn't hear me loud enough? Here it goes again; I do-" he suddenly staggered back as if he was just socked in the face. Regaining his balance, he looked at Michael in anger and confusion. He realized he was shoved when he saw how Michael's hands were put from him.

      "You may be staying here for now, but don't think you can just talk to me however you want," he said, his tone deadly. He put his hands by his side and Prince got into a fighting stance: his fists up and his legs parted. Michael scoffed and rolled his eyes, then twisted his lips to one side in a mock expression to Prince's. The other man turned on his heel to walk away. "Stop it right there!" But didn't get more than to steps. 

      He turned slightly to his competition and grimaced. "Yes, your Highness? Is there some other dumb-ass thing you want to do to me before security comes and escorts my ass off of your property for murder?" Michael tapped his finger on his chin.