After the storm--a divergent story.

Chapter one:

I wake up with her name swimming around me.

"Tris."

I wake up with a jolt, sending a shiver and a sob. I was dreaming about her. Again.

She was beautiful, but not like other girls. She had a spark to her knowone could contain. She was mine, and I was hers. I still remember my last words to her. "I love you. I'll see you soon"

I didn't.

I hold my head in my hands and stay that way for a while. I finally remove them and stand up. After she was killed, mostly all of my friends and me moved into apartments outside of the fence. I knew she would've liked it here.

I walked outside and stared at the stars. The beautiful stars. Like her eyes, they glisten with eagerness and curiosity.

I here footsteps behind me and turn around to see Christina rubbing her hand behind her neck, staring right into my eyes. She's almost the same height as me. A few inches shorter.

"Hey" she says quietly

I forgot I was crying and wipe my tears away quickly.

"Hey. I didn't know anyone heard me".

She doesn't say anything for a few seconds, probably feeling awkward. And then I realize her eyes are cloudy with tears, also.

"Oh..um. I didn't hear you. I was having nightmares too. I come out here usually."

I look at her with a blank face. I don't know if I should feel sorry or not. But then finally, I see a single tear drip down her face. I hug her friendly, and a sob racks her body.

"I. Miss her four. I can't help it--She was my best friend."

She clutches my t-shirt with her fists. I look into her eyes.

"Sh. It's okay Christina."

But I know it's not.

It's never okay.

It's not okay when Tris isn't here. When she's dead.