Mackenzie's POV

"Hi Mom. Hi Dad." Aston and I say in unison

"Hey Mr. and Mrs. K" Carter and Jason say as they get out of the car

"Hey, guys! You ready for some camping fun?" Mom asks in a little over excited tone

"Sure Mom! I'm gonna go for a walk! i'll be back for s'mores!" I tell her

I grab my guitar and head for the docks. Sadly, we do not have a boat to get to my cave on the other side of the lake. Fortunately, there is a boat rental next to the docks. Unfortunately, it's a rowboat rental.

"Hey Sal." I greet the cashier

"Hey Mackenzie! Already got your boat ready for you!" He replies

"Thanks!"

I start climbing in when I hear Sal talking to another person. I know it's immoral but I start to eavesdrop.

"Oh, I thought it would've been cheaper." the stranger says

"Sorry pal. wish I could help. Maybe Mackenzie would take you across! She goes there all the time!" Sal tells the mysterious guy "Hey Mackenzie! Would you mind giving this nice young man a ride?"

no this is ME time, Sal!!! I think

"Of course! Hop in, stranger!"

He climbs in and grabs the other oar and we start across the lake. It was silent, which was perfect! It was like he wasn't even there, which was what I really wanted, but being the nice person I am, why the hell not! I started to think of my next line of lyrics for my song when he decided to ruin my peace.

"So your Mackenzie? What a beautiful name!!" He muses

Yeah that TOTALLY didn't make me blush!

"Thanks. uh... and... and you are?" I say trying to get my bearings.

"My name's Derrick! I just moved here from Ireland"

"That's awesome! so, were you like..."

"I wasn't raised by leprechauns."

"Just thought I might ask. So why'd you move?"

He didn't answer he just shrugged and spotted my guitar.

"You play?" he asks clearly trying to change the subject

"A little." i say modestly

"oh look we're here!" he says as we near land

Finally, time to dock the awkward boat!!

We get off and we say our goodbyes and we start to go our separate ways. Except that our ways were not as separate as we thought! I look back at him, and noticed another rowboat on its way here! He followed my gaze and evidently he notices the boat also.

"You expecting any one?" he asks

"no" I reply, in utter confusion

Then it hit me!! It cant be them!!

"come with me! HURRY!" I urge as I run for my cave

It was about a half mile away from where we docked, because that's as close as anybody can get via rowboat. When we finally get there I am about as winded as a deflated balloon! Derrick on the other hand acted as thougj it was a stroll through the park. As soon as I catch my breath, I notice that there is another guitar... in my cave.

"How did you know where this was, Mackenzie?" he asks

"ummm this is the cave I was talking about... the one I practice in." I tell him, as all the puzzle pieces fall into place.