Chapter 15

Dedicated to: XxTheLokidottirxX and DylanAmaral4.

The picture above is a list I made of all the people that are on the "Dedication" waiting list. The first two are on this chapter.

*EDITED*

- Alliana's POV -

Today, had both it's good and it's bad. The good was that I aced a test in Potions thanks to Draco's help over the past week, and the bad was that the party for Hufflepuff was canceled due to lack of Teacher approval. Which is weird because the same teacher who denied us, allowed Ravenclaw. Not trying to sound jealous but.....seriously?

"Thinking again?", I look over at my new found friend and smile. "Then again, this is you we are talking about. When are you not thinking."

I mock hurt and gasp. "Pansy! How dare you accuse me of such a thing! I am but an ordinary student! I think like a toad!"

She snorts. "A toad? Really? Who are you, Umbridge? That's the worst comeback ever!", we smile and laugh a bit before going back to studying. Every Thursday we do this - meet up in the library and study together.

"The party for Hufflepuff was cancelled. McGonagall didn't approve of it and we needed her permission to get it to work out.", I say to Pansy.

"Really? That's a bummer. I was hoping on crashing the party!", I give her a disapproving look at she puts her hands up defensively. "Kidding, kidding!", putting her hands down she leans forward a bit and says, "Didn't she give Gryffindor permission?"

I just shrug at her and lean back towards the window and look out it. "I don't know, to be honest. Draco and I, heard it was Ravenclaw she gave permission to.", when I look back at her she is playing with her hair and avoiding eye contact with me. Leaning, forward closer to her, I make the most intimidating look I can muster and ask her a question. "Pansy Parkinson, is there something your not telling me?", she looks at me shocked and then away again wincing a bit. "Pansy...! What is it?", I give her "the look" that is usually reserved for people's idiocy but right now I need it for a scolding.

At last! The witch gives in! With a frustrated sigh, she looks at me and slightly frowns. "Do you really want to know? Like really really want to know?", well duh! I motion for her to continue and she finally complies. "McGonagall told someone that the reason Hufflepuff doesn't get a party is because one of their house members would be put into danger. She didn't say who but did hint that it has something to do with....His kind."

I frown and respond to her. "You mean Vol-", as I start to say his name she leaps over the table and covers my mouth, shushing me.

"Shh! The name is still tabooed! My cousin Jermain said it the other day and next thing we knew he was gone! The ministry never figured out how to take it off!", that doesn't make sense.

"That can't be right. Many people have said it multiple times and been fine. Plus, Arthur Weasley was told specifically from the minister that they took it off!", the new minister is a friend of his from the Order. Kingsley Shacklebolt had retired and left for vacation.

Shaking her head, Pansy says with a shaky breath, "It only effects people with the mark. I would know. My parents become deatheaters when I was three. They are still in it too. It's taking all I can to avoid them and the subject. Right before school, I remember them even talking about how they have to find someone. If they don't then their plan - or whatever - will be ruined!", with a shaky breath I look her in the eyes and ask one last question.

"How do you know this Pansy?", I look at her scared.

She gulps and leans forward whispering, "I over heard the Professor's talking. They said somebody had sent an untraceable message to them saying this. That whoever was in danger, was in Hufflepuff. I later snuck in to see my grade on a test and saw part of the note. Had the symbol of His followers on it"

I think about it for a bit and decide this isn't the best place to discuss it more. I stand up and gather my things then look at her. "The library is closing and this isn't a safe place to talk. Meet me at the Room of Requirement in two days. I am going to gather some people and we are going to figure this out. I may have an idea of what's going on but," I pause and look down then meet her eyes. "I just need to think for a bit.", she nods and stands up too.

With hugs goodbye, we go our separate ways. Her to the Slytherin common room and me to the Hufflepuff one. When I get there the door is open and Draco is holding it talking to someone. When he sees me he stops and ushers me inside. Hesitant, I agree and go in. As soon as I do, people come rushing to me. "We have an idea 'Liana!", Draco says. "For the party!"

I mentally frown but go on acting as if I'm interested. "What if we just have the party at the Shrieking Shack? We could leave a note for the house elves to bring us food in secret and make decorations ourselves. Everyone would go to Hogsmeade on a normal day and whenever they decide too go back, instead of heading to the common room they head there! Isn't brilliant?"

I stare at them wide eyed. Brilliant? That's a bloody terrible! After what Pansy told me I have no interest in any parties. Draco must have assumed my wide eyed look was agreement for he leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I knew you would like it!", come on lets head to bed now. We have a big day of planning to do tomorrow!", I just mutely nod. First I had to plan for the meeting and the deatheater situation but now I also need to deal with this? I'm gonna burst with stress!

Especially since, the one I think McGonagall was talking about was Draco. All of the facts line up. Ex-deatheaters everywhere have been disappearing. I'm scared for him.

He means everything to me.