Chapter 7

Damon and I got out of the car and I walked to the back seat to unhook Abby out of her car seat. Then we walk up to his, well now our apartment building and go up to the third floor. When we get to his place, we are met with a surprisingly cleanish apartment. I mean there weren't any condoms or clothes strewn about, only a few things just misplaced.
He led us to the spare room and set us up in there. I was having a hard time just thinking about how we went from an abusive house, to living with my best friend of 18 years. I started crying, thinking about how I would never have to take another beating or hear his voice yelling at me. I take a tissue I found in the room and dabbed my eyes with it. Just as I was wiping my eyes Damon walked into the room. He looked concerned.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just happy I won't have to deal with my step father." My voice cracked. He wrapped me in his arms and stroked my hair.

After I had finished my crying I took a step back and wiped the treats from my eyes and smiled up at Damon.

"Thank you for everything."

"Anything for you Alex" he grinned. We walked down to Abby to see her coloring at the table. I had a smile on my face and walked over to her and kissed her forehead.

"Alright munchkin, time for bed" I announced. Abby groaned, not looking up from her coloring book.

"Now Abby" she relucantly got up and headed to our bedroom. I smiled and looked towards Damon and shrugged. I mean kids right? We both said goodnight and went to our separate rooms but not without a small shared glance as we closed the door. I turned around and saw that Abby was already taking up the whole bed, sound asleep. I chuckled and stripped off my clothes and put on some pajamas. I climbed into bed and closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

Soon all I could hear was loud screaming. I jumped up and I was in my old house. Crap... The moving out with Damon was a dream.

Then my stepfather slammed my door open and he looked ready to kill.  I cower on the floor, cornered I braced my self for the hit but it never came. 
I woke up by being shaked and I open my eyes to see Damon's beautiful eyes shone with concern. I was breathing hard and sweating.

"What happened??" I ask.

"You were having a nightmare" he said while pulling me into a hug. I breathed in his scent, calming myself down. I looked around and noticed that it was morning. 

"Thank you for waking me up. Um where is Abby?" I asked after realizing that the bed was empty and was cold. I looked at him with fear in my eyes.

"She's eating breakfast and getting ready for school." He reassured me. My thoughts wandered to what we were going to do if she was in school and my stepfather could take her out and leave with her. I can't have him come and take her while I'm not there looking after her. After all the school knew nothing about the abuse and would think that he's a loving, grieving father that wants to take his daughter out for a bit. Then I ask.. 

"What if he takes her, Damon?"

__________________________________
Well hello! I decided just to write what I want and if nobody likes it, oh well. Thanks for reading of anybody is 😘🤗🙌✌
Shannon ❤