BITTERSWEET KISMET*

FANFICTION | Detective Conan
ENGLISH
Romance, Drama, Short Story
Written by Hanna *hannaberry

DISCLAIMER: Gosho Aoyama is the rightful owner of Detective Conan.

BITTERSWEET*

The School Festival approached fast. Miyano Shiho became famous on the said school; she was admired because of her beauty, wits and cold yet mysterious aura by both ladies and gentlemen.
One bright Saturday, the student council president announced the start of the school fair.

Different booths are present on the soccer field but one booth caught Miyano Shiho's eyes. It was the coffee-book shop, wherein you can relax while reading books or magazines which were organized by the writer's club.

She's sitting at the right corner of the said shop, legs' crossed and she is holding an esquire magazine. She sipped her warm café mocha, happily. Suddenly four noisy students entered the scene.

On the other side of the field, Ran and Shinichi are walking with each other. "Shinichi, lately you appear unfocused. Can you tell me what's wrong? Maybe I can lend a hand."

Shinichi just smiled at her sincerity. "I'm fine, Ran. Nothing's wrong." He assured.

However, Ran knows a thing. She wasn't entering a war without a gun after all, "It started when Miyano-san and Kuroba-san showed on our class. Do you know them?"

Startled, Shinichi gazed at her, "She's the distant relative of Hakase who went missing; He's her friend, that Kuroba."

Ran gasped. She couldn't believe that the person who Shinichi and Hakase were looking for is that......beautiful and intelligent. She suddenly felt a pang of jealousy on her system. If she's her boyfriend's partner on solving cases before, then she's on trouble. However, Ran observed lately that Miyano Shiho is not really bothered by Shinichi. Maybe she's thinking too much, maybe she shouldn't be worrying that much. Shinichi is hers.

"Yo!" someone greeted, carrying a medium size box covered in black and pink.

Ran smiled at him, "Hello, Kuroba-san!"

Kaito nods and greeted her back but he seems to be looking around, "Have you seen Shiho?"

Shinichi suddenly flinched upon hearing her name.

Ran shook her head, "No. Why isn't she with you?"

"Oh, She went here early."

Then a monotonous voice interrupted from Ran and Shinichi's behind, "No. You just woke up late, baka."

The three look at her, she's wearing a purple turtle-neck top paired with a skinny ripped jeans and a black nike air max. She looks simply stunning.

"Good morning, Miyano-san." Ran greeted, trying not to be intimidated by her presence.

Shiho glance at her, "Morning," then darted her attention to Kaito, "Why are you looking for me?"

Kaito handed her the box he was carrying, "Here," he grinned and hug the woman who became surprise, "Happy birthday, Shiho!"

Shinichi felt something on his chest. What was it? Damn he does not have any clue. He suddenly felt the urge to pull the magician thief away from the hug but his mind stopped him.
Wait....