4. In a safe location

Chapter Four

Alex's POV

As soon as Demi was out of sight I turned around. I didn't know what to expect but you very rarely did. I didn't have any thing I could use but being a secret agent wasn't all about the cool gadgets and weapons you got to use and sometimes you had to improvise. A car slowed down and three men dressed in black outfits came out. Then a fourth guy came out of the car. Dexter smirked as he took his mask off.

"So Alex...where's the girl?" He asked as he came towards me. I looked at him with a blank expression on my face before I replied to him

"What girl?" I asked him pretending to not know what he was talking about. Dexter got annoyed.

"The girl you were with five minutes ago!" He snapped at me.

"Ooh you mean that girl." I replied to him.

"Yes." He responded in a 'duh' tone.

"She's a friend." I lied casually as I looked at my nails.

"Is she...is she really now?" Dexter asked me.

I nodded my head at him before I yawned pretending to be bored.

"Then why do I have a photo of this?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "That's a picture of a kitten." I replied to him.

"Wait what?" He asked confused as he looked down at the piece of paper.

"Demi isn't a cat Dexter." I told him.

He turned around and glared at the three men behind him.

One man looked very sheepish as he passed Dexter the correct piece of paper. "Idiot." He muttered under his breath.

"Now, now let's play nice. The cat was actually kind of cute. But I didn't think you were the kind of person to look up cute cats on the Internet?" I replied to him.

"Oh shut up." He snapped at me before he showed me the correct picture. This one was one of me and Demi kissing each other at the airport.

"Seems like you really care about this Demi." Dexter said to me.

"Wouldn't it be a shame if something were to happen to her?" He asked me.

Demi's POV

"And I will always love you." Rosie sang as I rubbed my head trying to cure the headache I had received from Rosie's singing. I had been in the car for at least two hours and had another two hours to go.

"Rosie please stop. I have a headache." I said to her.

"Here have a drink." Rosie replied to me and a second later the tray in front of me went up and a glass appeared out of nowhere. I blinked as somehow the glass filled up with some water. I reached out and grabbed hold of it before I took a sip of water. I placed it down on the tray again a minute later. Rosie was quiet for only a second before she started to hum quietly to herself.

"So this safe house, where exactly is it?" I asked.

"In a safe location." Rosie replied.

"Okay thanks for the information." I replied.

"You are welcome." Rosie told me.

I looked out of the window and saw it was getting dark. "You are getting sleepy. Very sleepy." Rosie said in a creepy voice. I pulled a confused face before I said anything to Rosie

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"I can sense that you are tired." Rosie stated

"You can go to sleep if you want." She added

Rosie was right. I was getting tired but I refused to fall asleep until I knew Alex was safe.

"I'm fine." I lied as I tried to keep my eyes open.

"I know you aren't. I sense that you are worried. Are you worried about Alex?" Rosie asked.

"How do you do that?" I asked.

"I am a very smart computer Demetria." Rosie told me.

Everything was silent again until a minute or two later.

"Don't worry. Be happy. Don't worry. Be happy." Rosie sang.

"So I'm supposed to be happy that Alex is in danger right now?" I asked.

"No Boo. But you've gotta have faith." She sang the last part.

"But seriously Demi. Alex has been training since he was three years old. You have nothing to worry about unless he gets cocky again and does something stupid. That almost killed him last time though so I don't think he would."

"Okay thanks. That made me feel so much better." I replied to her sarcastically.

"Would you like a mint?" She asked me.

My stomach growled as Rosie asked me that. I suddenly felt incredibly hungry.

"Yes please."

A mint fell on top of the tray a second later and I popped it in my mouth.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem. Your breath stinks." Rosie replied.

"You might want to sort that out before Alex kisses you next."

"Thanks for the tip Rosie."

The rest of the journey was filled with songs and conversations about random things. Rosie kept on telling me that Alex was going to be okay and that he wasn't usually cocky around serious danger.

Two hours later we finally pulled up to the safe house Rosie had been instructed to take me to. I got out of the car and went towards the front door. I knocked on the front door a second later. A part of me was hoping that Alex would answer the door but instead it was Jack.

"Come inside Demi." He said to me as he stepped aside so I could step inside the house