Goodnight

Joelle's P.O.V
I look at Landon once he closes the door. His fingers linger with the knob for a moment before looking at me.
      " She's changed, but I hope it wasn't just for you," I breath out and he looks at me.
       " Do you really care if she relapses,"'he calls out and I look at him confused.
     " Why wouldn't I. She's human Landon," I remind him and he looks at me lightly.
        " You're beautiful, you're caring and I'm quickly falling for you," he kisses me and I kiss him back.
      " You are a work in progress and I'm willing to keep working," I smile and he Chases me around the house kidding me whenever he catches up until we end up in his room.
" I don't want to rush you into anything Joelle," Landon breaths in. " But I want you," he breaths out  and I kiss him.
" And you have me. Just not like that right now,"I breath out.
      " When Joelle? You won't sleep over, you cut me touching you off when we start getting somewhere and you don't even want me saying your first name at work," he complains and I look at him lightly.
      " Just like you thought you couldn't love, I'm starting to doubt my idea of it," I whisper and he looks at me.
      " I don't want you to think all I want is the superficial stuff. I understand your beliefs and morals and I would love to go to church with you and your father, but you have to talk to me," he calls and I look up to him.
      " I'm scared," I whisper and he pulls me Into his lap.
      " Scared of what," he asks running his hands over  my thigh and I can't look at him. What am I scared of? Everything. This whole relationship is scary to me because the only options I've known for myself were to give in or shut out and with him it's hard to find the medium.
      " I don't know what a relationship is like when we're both willing and I'm scared of the uncertainty of if I give in to you," I respond and he put a finger under my chin to make my eyes meet his.
       " I am too, but I don't plan on going anywhere. We sleep together tonight or 6 months from now and I'm willing to wait. I just want to make sure we're waiting on a good reason, not a fear that won't happen," he states and I search his eyes. I won't sleep with Landon right now because I'm confused. If I sleep with him, I want to be sure that this is what I want to do.
       " I want to wait Landon. I want to wait to make sure this is what we both want," I say after a moment of silence and he kisses me.
      " I respect that," he answers and I smile as he pins me down and kisses me all over.
      Landon's P.O.V
   I'm willing to wait. I'm actually willing to wait for when she's ready. If this was any other girl I would have left a long time ago. This is Joelle though and if she wants to wait, I'll get blue balls until they turn purple.
      Right now she's sleeping in my lap, cradling my neck and letting out even breaths. Everything in me wants to let her stay the night, but I want it to be her decision. So, I kiss he head and then her lip until she whines and looks up.
     " What time is it," she croaks and I look up at my clock.
      " 12:05," I answer and she pulls me down onto the bed.
      " I should head home, goodnight," she kisses me and I look over to her as I pile kisses all over her.
     " Goodnight, come back in the morning,I'm making breakfast," I decide right then because I want to spend time with her all weekend.
      " French toast ," she asks with puppy eyes and I nod.
     " French toast," I reply.
  ****
     The next morning I wake up in a cold sweat. My head is pounding and my stomach is turning. I don't know what's going on, but as the doorbell rings and I get up my visions blurred.
       I feel terrible and as soon as I open the door, Joelle can tell.
     " Lay Down, I'm going to take your temperature and make some soup. Do you feel like your going to throw up, you look dizzy," she rambles and I turn to get back in bed.
     " I'm fine baby, I'm going to lay down then make the French toast," I groan and she's running around looking for a thermometer.
      " Lay down and if I see you get up for anything besides the bathroom, your going to wish you never knew me ,"'she demands and I head back to bed.
She comes back ten minutes later with soup and a glass of water.
" Have you been throwing up,"Joelle asks and I shake my head even though I've been running back and forth all morning.
" Landon don't lie to me," she calls and I look up to her.
     " Yeah, but I feel fine now," I say and she sighs and comes to sit next to me.
      " No need to lie throw up boy, I'm here," She proclaims and I laugh a little until my head falls into my stomach from the pain.
     " I'm going to go to the store and get some medicine, be here when I get back," she demands and I nod and roll over.
      ***
    Joelle's P.O.V
I'm walking around trying to find stomach and headache medicine, but everything looks so similar. Ones for allergy headache the other is for just congestion and the stomach stuff goes all the way from tums to constipation and I have no clue what Landon needs.
" Joelle," a female calls to me and I look up.
" Layla," I breath out and this time she has the awkward smile.
" You sick," she asks and I shake my head.
" Landon seems to have the stomach flu or something," I answer and she nods.
      " He likes when someone rubs his stomach and black tea usually works," she calls and I look up to her.
      " Six years and you really learn about a person," she smiles and I look over to the medicine.
     " Thanks Layla," is all I say and she grabs my arm lightly.
      " I made a mistake on letting him leave me, please don't do the same," she whispers.