Firestar and Bouncepaw: The Badger

Firestar watched in horror as the badger towered over Bouncepaw. I have to save him! He thought desperately. But he didn't know how. Go up and attack that thing just like that? How was that possible if he was from, y'know, Starclan?!

Firestar breathed in sharply and knew he had to try. He crouched, waited a moment longer, and then pounced on the badger.

****************************************************

Bouncepaw looked at the badger, staring down at him. It looked totally bloodthirsty. Bouncepaw backed up a few whisker-lengths, but the badger came closer. Bouncepaw squeaked, terrified, shivering from ears to tail. What should he do? He can't fight this thing!

And then a yowl sounded as the flame-colored Tom launched himself on the badger.

Bouncepaw watched in amazement. This cat wasn't afraid at all. He knew what he was doing. It was so strange. Bouncepaw backed up a little bit more, and then something grabbed his scruff. He let out a terrified wail.

"Bouncepaw! No worries! It's just me!" A voice mewed, muffled by fur. Violetpaw. Bouncepaw let himself be dragged back to the fox den. Violetpaw set him down, and watched the badger and the Tom fight.

"How is he not afraid of that thing?" Bouncepaw questioned, voice still shaky.

"Yeah. And he's putting himself in danger for you," She turned to look at him in wonder. "What a nice cat."

"Yeah. I think he was meant to watch over us. Such a noble and brave Tom."

The Tom soon got shaken off by the badger, who lumbered away soon after.

***********************************************************************************************

Firestar fell on the ground, dizzy, and a little dazed. He looked around him, trying to clear his senses. Bounces and Violetpaw were standing near him, watching anxiously. He tried to get to his paws, but failed.

"Are you okay?" Bouncepaw called.

"Fine...I think," Firestar answered, finally scrambling to his paws. Sure, the badger had dealt some blows, but they were nothing compared to what Firestar has been though before.

The two watched him carefully, still a little worried.

"I'll be okay," Firestar promised, "You two hurry on before that badger comes back."

The two cats scurried away.

************************************

Bouncepaw padded into the makeshift den, feeling exhausted. He looked around him, trying to pinpoint the flame-colored Tom. He was nowhere to be seen. It was strange how that cat came and went.

Bouncepaw settled into his nest, and buried his nose in his tail. After a while, he fell into an eventual sleep.

Bouncepaw woke in a forest. It looked like it had been made from stars. Bouncepaw stared around him, in awe. He hadn't dreamed about this before.

Then he saw silhouettes of four cats, sitting near some trees. Bouncepaw couldn't make out most of the details, except for height. One cat was taller than the rest, one cat was a little shorter than the rest, and two cats were about the same.

Bouncepaw also saw their eyes glowed. The one in front, the slightly shorter one, their eye color was light green. But before Bouncepaw could figure out the rest of the eye colors, he woke up in his nest, with Violetpaw sleeping right next to him.

And those cats appear AGAIN. Why the heck do they keep appearing? Unless... They have something to do with the plot, starting in the second book..." I wonder who those four cars could be? I wonder if they might show their faces in the second book to this series...?
You know the drill, guys ;-3