The Kiss and The Dance

*Collin's POV*

I didn't think that if heard right, had she really said that she cheated on me already? Just after a day of being a couple? Was I really that much of a loser? My throat choked up and I fought to hold back tears. No you won't cry. Not while she is... wait why is she crying? I rushed over to her.

"Sarah what happened?"

"Matt, she replied I between sobs."

What happened between you two? I wanted to ask. But I knew I couldn't, it wasn't the right time, maybe there wasn't a right time. So I didn't say anything. I just sat there befuddled.

Finally Bridget broke into my thoughts. She spoke softly and calmly, which was definitely at the moment the opposite of Sarah. "Sarah, I'm gunna go. Get some tissues ok?" Sarah nodded but she didn't stop crying. As she walked last me she whispered, "Collin you stay with her and make sure she doesn't do something she'll regret later."

I scooted closer to Sarah and put my arm around her. I inhaled. Even when she was crying she still smelled good, like grass just after rain.

"Sarah what happened?" I asked using the same tone as Bridget.

"Matt. I never should have come to this stupid party." As she said it her sobs softened. She looked at me with wide eyes still sniffling.

"Are you mad at me?" I could tell she was on the verge of sobbing again.

"No." I said, engulfing her in a hug. It seemed to last forever, which was good because nobody wanted it to end. When we finally broke apart she spoke, "Do you still want to go to Catching Fire with me?"

"Yeah." I smiled. Then we kissed. Although it didn't last long, it was a magical kiss. It felt so right that when our lips pulled apart it felt like I was missing something. I looked into her eyes and saw that she was blushing. I smiled inwardly, blushing was a good look for her.

"I see you two worked things out." Bridget said as she walked toward us with a box of tissues.

"Sarah we should get you cleaned up. Collin can you go find Ellie, Adam, and Finn, I think we should all leave while we still have the chance." She said taking Sarah's hand and leading he inside. I took one last deep breath then I headed back inside.

*Adam's POV*

I don't really like Ellie but I have to admit that she's a pretty good dancer. We were grinding until I got tired and decided to get sodas from the kitchen.

As I was walking out of out of the kitchen, Collin stopped me.

"Sup Collin."

"Adam we should leave, grab Ellie, and if you see Finn tell him the Bridget said we're leaving."

" 'ight. " I nodded and headed back to the living room where people were still 'dancing'. When I got to Ellie she was to talking to Finn, lucky me I wouldn't have to go find him.

"Sup bro." He nodded.

"We're leaving, Bridget said you're coming with us."

" 'K, we should start walking, the dance will be over soon. And I don't wanna get caught at a party I'm not even supposed to be at. "

X

When we got back to the school, the dance was almost over. But when we stepped into the dance it felt like it was just the beginning. So we danced and we cried and we had a really really good time.

A/N

Sorry for no exciting ending but the next chapter will be exciting I promise. So please keep reading. Btw anyone notice the song refrence?