Chapter 2

Kaito's POV

While we were going towards the mall we talked about trivial things like school or stuf like that. To my surprise, we didn't run into any murders on our way so I thought that maybe it will be a good day. And only later I realized how wrong I was.

As we reached the mall I spotted a certain stupidly hilarious hairstyle. Ran was standing near the main entrance.

'Bad news! If she sees us when she will surely try to interfere with our plans (my long awaited date)'

I was ready to grab Shinichi and run away as fast as possible to another entrance of mall but it was too late. I underestimated Ran's ability to see Tantei-kun through big crowds.

"Shinichi! Oi~ Shinichi!" The mention girl shouted at us. Of course we (or more likely I) couldn't do anything else but to stop and turn around to face her.

Then she came close enough to talk to, Shin-chan greeted her "Hi,Ran. What's up? What are you doing here alone?" After that, they talked for a while until Ran noticed that Shinichi had company.

"Hello... em... Kuroba-kun, right?" She asked nervously.

'This girl- how dares she completely ignore me and on top of that forget my name!'

"Yup. One and only. But call me Kaito okey, Ran-chan?"

"Yup, ok." Answered Ran. After that she completly ignored me. Again.

Since I could no longer bear her flirting with my tantei-kun, I put my hand on Shinichi's shoulder and said "Sorry, Ran-chan, but I and Shin-chan were going shopping together so I think we'll be going now. Bye~" As I finished my sentence I could feel deadly aura around Ran. She probably didn't like the fact that we were going alone or that I tried to get rid of her as fast as possible.

I knew nothing good is going to happen now.

She put on a smile and said "I see. I was going to meet with a friend but she just cancled. What to do? I would be such a waste to go home now~"

'She couldn't be more obvios? It like she's telling us to invite her!'

"When why don't you join us?" Asked Shin-chan. "After all, the more the merrier."

"Well if you say so I guess I will." Of course she gladly accepted his invitation.

Then the three  of us started walking towards the mall Ran turned around and looked me straight in the eyes and stuck out her tongue. When she whispered to me "I won't give him to you."

And so the battle for beloved Shin-chan started.