RT 4

Chapter 4

Few days went by after that dreadful incident with Nina. Blake has been meeting Nina in the elevators now and gives out a smile or two. Sophie got to know about the beating incident a few days ago, and got furious for not knowing about it from the beginning but Nina said she doesn't wanna talk about it so she ignored the fact. But Sophie got to see the bruise, so maybe Nina's make up skills aren't so great after all. But none the less she has been avoiding her parents lately. Keeps herself locked up in her room, or stays over at Sophie's. Sophie says she could gladly move to her place, but Nina isn't 18 yet, a few months left though, but still. Truth is, she prefers her own little space that she has in her bedroom. But she doesn't mind staying a night or two at Sophie's. It's a Monday so Nina is just working for a few more minutes now, until her shift ends. She'll be heading towards the library after this. After a few more minutes of attending customers with a sickly sweet fake smile on her face, she ends her shift and places her work suppliants in the back room and heads out for the Library. Its only a few minutes walk from here. She walks towards the small, old and quiet lane that led to an old library. This is an old library, and not everyone here knows about this place but this place is a priced possession. It has the most wonderful collections and varieties of books. She spends an hour in the library, looking for books she needs and books which intrigued her. After getting the books issued for 3 weeks, she heads for a very close and familiar place of hers and Sophie's.

'Bloomers' is a small cake shop run by Mark and Georgia, the couple who adopted Sophie years ago, where Sophie and Nina spend hours, studying or gossiping or simply eating the best cakes and ice cream flavors.

When she enters Bloomers, the lovely scent of cakes and ice creams fills her nose and she takes her usual place by the window and pulls out her books. Reading and writing her notes.
"Hey there sweetheart!" Mark calls out. Nina looks up and smiles at him, "Hi GrandPa!"
"Owh sweetie, do I really look that old?" Mark clicks his tongue.
"Oh yes you do!" Georgia replies from behind.
Nina chuckles. "You know, I love you guys!" Nina says.
Georgia comes over to her and hugs her. "We love you too dear, you're just like Sophie to us!" Nina smiles bright. "Now let her study dear, we'll get your cake and ice cream in while." Mark holds Georgia by her shoulder and gives Nina a little nod, Nina nods back and smiles.
Nina gets back to her studies.

Nina stretches her arms in order to release the cramps she is having due to much writing. She sips her hot chocolate and rests her head above her arms on the table and closes her eyes for a little rest. Suddenly, she thinks of Blake. His smile. His scent. And his eyes. Such a shade of blue.
"You're surely not sleeping in a fully packed cake shop, are you?" Blake asks.

Nina's head shoots up to see Blake sitting opposite of her staring at her. Oh his eyes!

"What are you doing here?" Nina asks and thinks just how stupid that sounded and corrects herself. "Well, it's a cake shop and its open for all so why wouldn't you be here?"
Blake smiles a bit and then nods, "Exactly..."
"And they've got the best cakes!" Nina smiles.
"Well, I don't know about that, I came here for the first time today...so..." Blake shrugs.
"Well then I could suggest you some of their best ones... but I'm guessing you have company?" Nina asks, looking around.
"Yeah, well I did come here with a friend, she's right there..." Blake points to a gorgeous girl, sitting on the other end of the shop.
"Yeah cool, join her then." Nina gives a curt nod.
"Yeah, I'll just..." Blake gets up from the chair just when Georgia rushes to their table.
"Oh Nina! Sweetheart! I didn't know you were expecting a friend other than Sophie today."

Nina crosses her arms over her chest, she knows where this is heading. And the fact that Georgia meant that Sophie was the only friend that Nina had. Though that was true, it stings.

"Granny...Don't you even get started on that! And ouch that hurt!"
"Oh shush you! What's your name dear?" Georgia asks Blake.
"Blake Wilson, ma'am." Blake replies.
"Oh no! Call me Granny, like Nina!" Georgia says and pats his shoulder. Nina sips on her hot chocolate and smiles at Blake's tense reactions. "You two make such a cute couple!" Georgia gushes. Nina chokes on her hot chocolate, and starts coughing.
"Oh Dear! Mark! Get here this instance!" Georgia starts to pat Nina's back, when Mark doesn't appear she rushes toward the shop kitchen leaving Nina coughing.
Blake rushes to her side and starts patting her back instead. "Look up, look up" Blake places his fingers under Nina's chin and tilts it upwards. Nina sobers up after a while, and Georgia and Mark come rushing out with a glass of water. Nina drinks the water.

"Gosh, you scared the hell out of me, young girl!" Mark says and hugs Nina. Nina hugs back.
"Mark, meet Blake. He's a friend of Nina's." Georgia states, wiggling her eyebrows.
"Friend of mine? Yes, you can say! But not in the sense you're dragging it into." Nina states. "Look he's got a friend waiting for him there, so we should let him get back to his companion now. Don't you think?" Nina says.
"Oh oh...ok!" Georgia states, after realizing that she was getting the wrong impression, and walks away towards the kitchen.
"Sorry for that mate!" Mark pats Blake on the shoulder, and follows Georgia to kitchen.

"I'm so sorry about that! They are a bit....like that!" Nina shrugs and buries her head in her hands.
Blake chuckles, "Nah, it's fine! Your grandparents are cool!"
"They aren't my grandparents! I never knew mine! They are my bestfriend's family!" Nina smiles at him.
"Oh...." Blake say, scratching the back of his neck.
"You better get back to her..." Nina says pointing towards the blond girl looking over at Blake.
"What? Oh! Yeah! Bye!" Blakes waves at her.
"Bye!" Nina waves back and gets back to her books.

Nina doesn't feel much about seeing Blake with a girl. She doesn't know a thing about him, why would she? Hmmm... but what is this little pang of hurt on the back of her heart?
She decides to just ignore her consciences and moves onto her notes.

*Author's note*

Hey guys....here's chappy 4... i know its a bit corny and short! Well i'll make it up the next chapter...okay?
Okay! 😘

Much Love,
Tanisha!