RT 5

Ripped Threads!

Chapter : 5

A strong hand caught hold of Nina's neck, yanked her off from the warmth of her bed.

WHAT!?

She thought she locked the door. She didn't dare open her eyes, she couldn't bare looking into her mother's eyes and see the venom they give out.

As the person opened his mouth to throw a few cuss words at her, she took in the fact that it wasn't her mother after all.

The man she had looked up to, her dad.

Why would he even do this!?

A huge course of pain rippled throughout her body, she was thrown to the floor with thud. The kicks on her back made her feel vulnerable and numb at the same time.

Tears and screams were long gone forgotten. The painful tugs on her hair were nothing compared to the pain she felt in her heart.

Suddenly there was a series of monstrous laughs which echoed through the room.

"You should never have been born!" her mother's voice whispered.

Nina jerked up, it was a dream. Dream? Nightmare! She placed her head in her palms. Her forehead cool from the beads of sweat the nightmare had produced.

Nina tried to swallow her pale thoughts, but her throat was dry. She looked to her side to see there was no water but she couldn't dare step out of her room after what she saw.

It was her home. Huh! So called home. Where she couldn't even walk out of her room to fetch a glass of water without feeling unsafe. Every instinct of hers warned her not to step out of there, but her dry throat wasn't helping with it.

None the less, she got out of her bed, stumbling a bit on what felt like legs made of jello. Just as she helped herself with a glass of water, a crashing sound of glass made flinch. She hid behind the side of the kitchen counter, and realized the sound was coming from behind the main door.

The next moment, her father stumbled into the house with a broken bottle in his hands and walked into his room. Nina released a breathe she didn't realise she was holding in.

When she thought he wasn't coming back anytime soon, she walked up to the main door to lock it which her father didn't bother to do.

As she turned after locking up the door, she met with a pair of eyes filled with rage.

Before she even knew it, she was on the floor and the same pain she in her nightmares rippled throughout her body as she laid limp on the cold hard floor.

After a sore night and morning, warm shower and empty stomach, here she was with her head resting on the cool metal of her locker. Nina didn't bother all the noise around her, the cool feeling the cold metal gave was very soothing to her.

"Are you okay, Nin?" Sophie asked. Nina turned to face Sophie and saw a concerned look on her face. "Yeah, fine. Just a sore back!" Sophie clenched her fists. "Why don't you just go to the police or something. I mean c'mon! Its the 3rd time in 2 weeks!"

Nina opened her mouth to say something but Sophie wasn't finished yet.

"And have you seen the bruises growing on your back? The way you flinch every time I touch you or something!?"

Nina caught hold of Sophie's shoulders and shook her a bit. "First of all, I'm. Fine." Nina stated and Sophie rolled her eyes. "Second, you are being a bit too LOUD! And Third, no I can't go to the police. That would cause a problems and chaos that I don't wanna handle at the moment Soph!"

"But this is not right!" Sophie more or less whined. Nina shook her head and hugged her best friend.

"Don't forget Soph! Your best friend is a strong girl, okay?" Nina said and offered Sophie a big smile.

Sophie nodded and smiled back, "No doubt on that!" Sophie said. With one last hug, they parted ways for their classes.

"Ok so they're saying that we're gonna have to concentrate on a few college guys!? That's unfair! What if they're so hot, we can hardly keep our eyes off? And they expect us to concentrate on their lecture and we r gonna be marked on that?!" A girl in the crowd whisper yelled at her friends, right beside Nina and Sophie.

Its their senior year, and doesn't matter how "hot" those college guys are, Nina is determined to concentrate on the lecture.

The students are then assigned into different numbered rooms, thankfully Nina and Sophie are in the same room. Students fill up the room and Nina places her head on the desk, trying to give her eyes a bit of rest before the lecture starts.

She couldn't understand the fact how college students were to be their lecturers. But oh well!

Suddenly all the chit chats came to a stop and Nina heard some girls gasp. Sophie made a surprised sound and said, "Holy Chicken Nuggets!" This caused Nina to look up.

Their he was, looking like a somewhat a Greek god, in dark denim jeans and a plain white shirt with sleek black tie. "Oh my....." Nina whispered.

Their lecturer for the day,

Blake Wilson.

*Author's Note*

Hey pretty people!

I know i know! I have been on a long hibernation period. But hey! M back right!?

Mwwaah! Hope you enjoy this chappy... its not so long but Meh....

Oh and let me know in the comments, if i should continue writing in 3rd person or you would like POVs!!

Much Love,

Tanisha 💖👑