Chapter XVIII: Apologies, Fears and Worries.

I'M BACK!!!!! ^^
Enjoy the update.

***
'For the lips of a loose woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil...'
-Proverbs 5:3.
***

Ezra took my hand helped me stand up, his dark eyes fixed on me. His hands are so warm, I don't want him to let go of mine but unfortunately, he does, shoving them into the pocket of his pants as he walks ahead of me towards the door.

"We still have some time before break is over." He says. "Walk with me."

Frowning, I fall into step beside him. Has he always been this commanding.

We're both silent. More steps and exactly no words. The tension between us is almost unbearable and it seems to become thicker with each step we take. I'm well aware of the space between us which is close to nothing. We're so close, I can feel his body heat, added to that is the spicy scent of his cologne and i'm a 100% sure that cologne isn't allowed in school. Yet, here he is, breaking the rules and making me nervous.

This guy needs serious help.

Unable to take another minute of silence, I blurt out a very frustrated, "Aren't you going to say something?"

I'm not looking at him but I can tell he's smirking. "Silence is violent, princesses. I knew you'd be the first to say something."

I swat his arm angrily. Prick.

He raises both hands up in surrender. "Hey, i'm sorry okay? No need to get angry."

I don't give him the pleasure of a smile no matter how much I really want to right now. "Why are we here?" I ask. "Or rather, what are we meant to be talking about?"

Ezra lets out a weary sigh."I want to apologize for pretending to kiss you back on the laundry ground. I actually didn't think your imagination would lead you to tongue the air."

As if on cue, my face heated up at the memory of that night.

"But in my defence you punched my eye and head butted me." He continues.

I can't help but smile at that. "Sorry about that."

Ezra's sweet laughter fills my ears, making my heart flutter. "Don't worry angel. It wasn't that painful."

Once again, we fall into silence. I don't know why time slowed down. Why is it when I really want the bell to go, it won't.

Ezra clears his throat and speaks. "I'm really not sure if I should apologize for this but..." he hesitates, rubbing the back of his neck as the silence drags on. "But, Shoke told me you were pretty upset. So i'm sorry for...um...what happened on the field."

I stop walking and so does he. He looks at me, raising a questioning brow, I tilt my head a little and observe him for a while.

I know he's not done.

"But?" I ask.

"But in my defense, you kissed me back." He replies, killer smile hitting me with full force.

I continue walking, not caring if he's following or not. Though I was a little clumsy and inexperienced, I did kiss him back. Just the memory made my toes curl.

"You took my lipinity Ezra." My voice is almost a whisper.

"Lipinity?"

"Lip virginity." I say like it's obvious. "Duh."

"You've never kissed a guy before." The shock is quiet evident in his voice.

I'm not counting my dad as A guy.