Chapter 1

Volume 1 chapter 1 : { The Knight's first impression}

Magic Falling There are the days that are dreary and overcast. The cold reaches to the bone and chills throughout the body. The tree branches are stark bare, their leaves stripped off in the fall ;their beauty gone. Dirt covers the wet snow that lays uneven over the yard, or piled on the side of the driveway. Yet, there are the days of magic, when fresh, fluffy snow bursts through the clouds and surrounds everything.

The streets of Tanbarun were filled with laughter of little kids as a certain girl stared out the window of a castle painted a boring grey. She longed to live a carefree life, have fun and play games with her friends. Although she knew she could never be like them, she held on to the little hope her brother had left her. Snapping out of her thoughts, she heard her name being called.

"Y/n! Listen to your master when he is talking! I'm going to Clarines for a meeting and as my knight you will accompany me. Got it?"

nodding her head once she gave him simple reply and continued staring out the window. She had heard about the incident regarding a girl who lives in wisteria, her hair as red as an apple. Apparently, her master had decided to make her his concubine because of her strange hair. She couldn't help the feeling of disgust that was creeping its way into her as she averted her gaze from the window to stare at her master, only to look back at the window again.

~

The carriage stopped abruptly, causing Prince Raj to fall off his knight's lap.

"We're here Raj-sama"

As he got up, he hit her on the head telling her to make sure he doesn't fall next time. Grimacing at the idea of holding him in her arms, she had no choice but to agree.

"Understood"

She opened the door of the carriage and walked ahead of him, leaving him behind as she walked up to the princes.

"Prince Izana and Prince Zen, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Y/n L/n of Tanbarun I am here to make sure my prince doesn't do anything stupid with his lack of manners. "

Bowing once, she heard giggling and lifted her head. Prince Zen was stifling a laugh as Prince Izana smiled kindly at her.

"Welcome to Clarines. There will be no need for knights in the meeting room so please make yourself at home. Zen will show you around the castle."

Her gaze shifted to Zen, face expressionless as he lead her into to the gates of the castle.

~

They finally reached a room, the door was delicately decorated with gold and red colored patterns, the door handle a shiny silver.

"Make yourself at home. This is my study area"

Nodding again, she sat down gently on one of the chairs placed in front of a bookshelf.

~

The tension between them was high as she fiddle with the hem of her shirt. She wished to read one of the books from the shelf but thought it would be rude to touch his books.

"You can pick a book if you want"

Shocked at the sudden statement, she hesitantly picked a book and sat back down, examining the title page. Her fingers brushed over it gently and her eyes softened, a gentle smile upon her face.

"Eh? The Princess and the most faithful knight? "
She turned to look at him then looked back down realizing the closeness of their faces.

"Yes....."