chapter 3

Volume 1 chapter 3 : {The knight and her nightmares}

She stared at the book in her hands.Her fingers tracing the side of the page. Closing her eyes, she tried to block out all the sound and focus on her book. She let out a sigh and stared at the two who had been quarrelling non-stop for the past twenty-five minutes.

" With all due respect, prince Zen-"

she was interrupted by a finger being held in front of her face,

" Zen"

She sighed 

" Zen, would you and Obi please stop fighting? It would be great if it was a little bit more quiet your highness." Noticing the stressed look on her face, Zen walked back to his desk and stared his 'princely' work, although he liked to refer to it as' torture'.

Obi looked back and forth between the two. he had never actually seen Zen follow instructions given by someone else, with the exception of Shirayuki. He smirked. 

A strand of hair fell across her face. Her eyes were glued to the book and she was concentrating on reading the story. Taking this as a chance, Obi creeped next to her and slid his hand around her waist. The sudden contact made her jolt up in surprise. 

Getting ready to complain about his immature behaviour, she stood up. The bell had rung. signalling it was time for her to head back to Tanbarun with her master. Sighing, she let him go.

" Saved by the bell huh? I'm lucky" 

The statement had caused her to role her eyes. It was time for her to leave. Bowing to Zen, she excused herself. 

The gentle breeze made her H/c hair flow slightly. The scent of cherry blossom in the air. Spring. Spring was her favourite time of the year. Spring, when she would see the flowers bloom. The flowers that strived to survive through the winter and are finally rewarded for their efforts.

The realisation suddenly struck her. she stopped in her tracks. She wasn't going to see Zen and the others for two weeks. she recalled what he had told her just before she left his room.

" y/n. Obi, Shirayuki, Mistuhide, Kiki and i won't be in the castle for the next two weeks. please inform prince Raj that the weekly meetings will be postponed."

She sighed for the hundredth time. It seemed that sighing had become a habit that she had developed from spending too much time with obi and Zen. Although they always joke around and always annoy her, she would never do anything to change who they are. 

a gentle smile was present on her lips as she thought back over the month that she had spent with them. She never would have imagined, after what happened before, that she would be able to smile this much again.

The days continued on. Peaceful days. Days of happiness and laughter. Y/n L/n had never felt this happy in a long time. she would do anything and everything she could to keep it the way it is. 

But...

-

The door slammed open. Grey eyes shone in the moonlight. Crimson streaks, visible , down his legs. E/c eyes wide with concern. The scene that played in front of her had destroyed her days of peace. The book she once held close. It laid on the floor untouched.

sometimes...

_

she noticed someone was missing.

Zen...

" Where's Zen?!" 

Looks of sadness and failure on the faces of her friends. 

Its all her fault. If only she went with them.

_

Your all...

_

She made up her mind. She'll do everything she can and giver her all...

to bring him back

-

isn't enough.

----------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter was a bit rushed. I might edit this chapter if you guys want me to. 

- Arella