Chapter 2

So basically, our two heroes of the story, Katniss the cowardly and Peeta the crybaby made their way to the Capitol. The lady who was announcing their reaping (Effie), provided them with food and treats beyond their wildest dreams!!! Katniss often found herself in awkward situations with Peeta, she'd just shift around uncomfortably, and Peeta would just up and cry. But there was something that pulled her towards Peeta, his soft, weak personality made him seem kinda cute, like a weak puppy! Days and days past as they rode the train towards the Capitol. Soon Katniss started to warm up to Peeta, which wasn't a great idea because they were going to have to kill each other in the arena anyway. 

"So, how do you think it'll be like... You know, to kill someone?" Katniss asked Peeta one day.

"Uh, er, well-"

"You know, to take away life from someone, doing something that cannot be undone. Know what I mean?"

"I...I..." Overwhelmed by the very thought, Peeta started bursting into tears. 

"Uh, Peeta... Peeta, stop it!" Like all normal people, Katniss got frustrated when people cry. She flailed around quickly to grab a piece of tissue. She gently dabbed Peeta's reddened eyes. But his eyes wouldn't stop tearing up and soon wads of salty wet tissues surrounded the duo.

                                                          >'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

"Ooh TRIBUUTES!!" cooed Effie in a sing-song-ish way. She gracefully slipped into the room. "I've been informed that we are nearing the capitol! Oooh! Now ain't THAT exciting!" 

Katniss' shoulders slumped. Great, it's half an hour 'til I'm hunted down and sliced into teeny tiny bits of human flesh. Perfect. BUT, the capitol was pretty freaking sweet looking. So posh! So sophisticated!! SO CLASSY!! 

Anyway, they were sent to a room where in which all the tributes from the different districts were sent for orientation. There they met the tributes.