Part One ~ The Forest

"Where is she?!"

The men instantly flinched under their master's harsh voice. They knew that he wouldn't be happy about their news, yet they had no choice but to inform him on the latest turn out of events. They could only pray that he wouldn't punish them for it.

They should have kept a closer eye on her, but they didn't really think that she would do something like that.

"M- Master, she's gone," one of them finally answered his outraged master. He had a stooped posture that came with years of serving such a cruel master. An ugly scar from his left ear down to his shoulder was only a reminder of what happened if you displeased him.

"What about him?! Where is he?!" the man screamed at them. He should have known better than to assign these two to keep an eye on her.

"She took him with her. They are both long gone," the second one said, stepping forward.

"And where were you two when it happened?" the man hissed at them angrily.

"We- we tried to get some news on the girl," he stuttered out, afraid to displease his master.

"And?" the man asked. "Did you at least find something out? Did they make it to Adens?"

"N- no, they didn't," the other one answered, his voice shaking with fear.

A frown made its way up the man's face. "Why not? What happened?" the man asked, sounding pleased.

"Th- they were attacked, no survivors. They are all dead."

An angry expression appeared on their master's face. They exchanged a worried look, not understanding his reaction to the news. They had expected him to be satisfied, not angry.

"So, you are saying the girl is dead?" he asked them. If they didn't know it better they would have thought that he was mocking them.

"Yes, master."

The man's eyes narrowed down on them, daggers shooting through them. "You are both fools!" he shouted at them. "The girl isn't dead."

"But- but we thought," the men stammered.

"Do you really think that I wouldn't know about her death first?!"

"Master, we-"

The man cut them off by pointing with his hand to the door. "Leave, and don't show your faces to me before you find Gudrun!"