Part Two- The Journey

The man knocked with his fingers impatiently against the wooden arm of his chair. He didn't like it one bit that they weren't back yet. They should have been here yesterday, but so far he hadn't seen them.

"What is taking them so long?" he mumbled to himself.

Then, finally, the doors were pushed open, revealing two men. A satisfied smile appeared on the man's face as he looked down at his servants, who looked rather uncomfortable.

"What took you so long?" he hissed at them, satisfaction rushing through his body as he saw them flinch.

"Master, we found her," they told him, their voice shaking with fear.

"And?" he asked. "Did you kill her?"

They nodded eagerly, hoping to have pleased their master.

The man nodded approvingly. "Good. She should have known better than to take something that is mine. What about the boy? Did you bring him here?"

The men exchanged a worried look, unsure how to explain it to him. "Master, we- we didn't find him," one of them finally answered stuttering.

The man's eyes narrowed down at them as he looked at them with both anger and disappointment. "Why not?"

"When we found her, we didn't find him. We waited for a while, but he didn't appear," the other man answered, his head bowed down in fear.

"Then you should have waited longer!" the man almost screamed at them, anger rushing through his body. He should have known better, than to send those two idiots after them.

"Master, our apologies, we will go look for him again," they said bowing their heads.

"Don't come back without him," he warned them.

As soon as the doors closed, he let himself fall back in his chair. He felt tired and drenched, he had spent the whole day searching for a sign of her, it took up all his power to even find a faint track of where she might be.

The only reason why he hadn't thrown a tantrum yet was because he knew that they hadn't found her either. If they had, he would have felt it, he made sure of it a long time ago.

The man let out a sigh, memories floating through his mind.

"She should have known better," he mumbled to himself. "Why did you have to break my trust, Gudrun?"