Chapter Nine

"That concludes the tour of the school! Any questions?" The guide, Mimi, asked me. Mimi was just bursting at the seams with happiness, that wasn't fake. I never understood how someone could stay so cheerful all day. It seems like it would be exhausting.  My parents had to go right to work, meaning I had to go alone. It was during the school day and all the students had classes, thankfully I hadn't seen Keiji nor gone in his classroom. I had went into a few classes, and I got stared at by some of the students.

"Just one, c-can I see the coach or manager of the boy's volleyball team?"

"Sure! Follow me we will go to Shirofuku's class!" She happily led me through the school building for a second time to find "Shirofuku". I like the feeling of this school, I think it will be fun spending the rest of high school here. It wasn't the same feeling as to when I got to my school in America, I had an even better feeling. At least it wasn't a chaotic feeling or tense.

I assume she, Shirofuku, was the manager for the volleyball team. I could feel my nerves build with every step we take down the corridor. As shy as I could be, I needed to do this. I didn't know anyone here except for two people in this area but they don't even know that I was back in Japan. I sigh, please let her just agree so I can go home. Mimi lead me to the third year's hall and we stopped in front of a door. She told me to wait out here while she got Shirofuku.

Thankfully it didn't take long for the two to come out. It was surprising the teacher let her out in the middle of class like that. She was about my height, I was the shorter one, had reddish-brown hair and matching eyes. I looked at her and felt my nerves build up even more.

"You wanted to see me?"

"A-ah, I have a request of you!"

"Oh?"

  -    -    -    -     -     -    -

I walked fast off of the school's grounds so I didn't get spotted. The final bell for the day was rang as I was leaving. When I heard that bell, I got paranoid. I had to hurry off the campus and pray that he won't see me. If he saw and recognized me, then that would ruin the whole plan I had. Although I am happy she agreed to help me. Shirofuku said that she would talk to the other manager and the coach to let them know what's going on. It would be a nice surprise after a long week of hard training. The walk back to my house was peaceful until I was passing the basketball court from yesterday. A certain tan idiot caught my attention.

"Yo! Emiko! Come practice with me." I glance over at him, he was in sleeveless shirt, sneakers and basketball shorts. I ignored him, he was skipping practice again.

"Hey! Don't ignore me." I continue walking towards my home. Until I felt a hand grab my arm. I look back at the taller teen, I wasn't even dressed to play. "Play against me! Playing with you is more fun than my team."

"You should go back to your team's practice. It's better to work on teamwork than just playing the game by yourself. You'll learn that a team becomes stronger when there's trust and teamwork on the court. I learned that pretty quick in America, besides, I'm not even dressed to play."

He just stared at me, I pull my arm away from his grip and continued to walk as if I wasn't interrupted."W-wait,"

"Bye, Daiki." I waved knowing he would leave me alone now. "Let's practice some other time."