Chapter One

You walk down the long halls of Hogwarts, ready to head back to the Slytherin common room for the day. But as you're about to turn the corner, you run right into someone. His bright blond hair is the first thing you see, then his cold grey eyes. "Malfoy," you snap. "Get out of my way."

But he stays directly in your path. "Not if you don't move first, l/n." You both wait for a while, then step right at the same time. You can't help but snort out a laugh. Malfoy's face stays stonelike. He grabs your shoulders and shoves you out of the way.

"Hey! Hands off, buddy!" you shout at his back. But he's already leaving. You shudder at the feel of his hands on your shoulders, and at the fact that, despite yourself, you sort of want him to touch you again.

***

Later, you are lounging on the dark leather couch of the common room when the door bangs shut and Malfoy appears again. His cloak is gone, leaving only his white tunic and black trousers. He rushes straight to the direction of the boy's dormitory, glancing quickly behind him before closing the door.

"I wonder where he went," you muse to yourself.

"What?" Pansy Parkinson asks from beside you. She is holding a book in her hands, but it's upside down. She was probably watching Malfoy; everybody knows how she had a massive crush on him.

"Nothing, Parkinson. Keep your mouth to yourself," you snap at her, yanking the book out of her hands. "And stop pretending. Malfoy doesn't like you, why do you keep trying?"

"Because, l/n, unlike some people, I believe in love. The more you try, the more likely the person you're chasing after will come to you." Parkinson folds her arms in front of herself proudly, smirking.

"No," you say angrily, standing up. "Love is doing what's right. Love is when you know you've met someone you can't live without, someone you'd die for. Lone is that feeling you get deep inside of yourself, and at first you hadn't no idea what it is, but then it turns into something. Love is not whatever you just said." You give her a vulgar gesture and make your way toward the girl's dormitory. But before you open the door, you see Malfoy, standing outside the boy's dorms, eyes trailing you, a slight smile on his impassive face.