Chapter 2

I asked Mr. Alexander to go to the bathroom. I did, then I passed it, and continued to walk to the library. Opening those doors felt so good. It added another room's distance between and Matt. Walking through the bookshelves, I stop when I see the magazines. I pick up a National Geographic magazine as a second choice since the library won't buy the gossip magazines.
Taking the magazine to a table, I sit down and flip through it. I smile at the cute animals. They all look so happy without a care in the world. The penguins cuddle up to their parents for warmth in the arctic scene. God, if you can hear me, I would like to reincarnated into a penguin.

Slowly, I flip through the rest of the pages, admires the photography of the animals. Page after page, I begin to forget more and more of why I am in the library. That is... until a voice reminds me.

"What? Were there no gossip magazines left to entertain you?" A sarcastic voice says.

I look up to obnoxious blue eyes and a smirk.

"Is there no place else for you to be a dick, or am I just your favorite person?" I return with sarcasm. Two can play this game.

"I think you're right. You must be my favorite."

"That's sweet, but I told you I'm not interested." I look back down to the magazine and pretend to be focused reading whatever word that are on the page.

"Lucy-"

"Go away." I sing still not looking at him.

"Lucy-" he says louder but I cut him off again.

"Go away."

"Lucy!"

"SHHH!" The old librarian sh-sh's Matt from across the room.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Sanders," I politely call to her. "Some people are oblivious to the fact that other students are trying to educate themselves with literature."

Mrs. Sanders smiles to me, scowls to Matt, fixes her glass and goes back to shelving books.

"Look," he begins, sitting in the chair across from mine, "I'm sorry if I offended you and your status." He says still mocking me a little.

"Your apologies are really insincere."

"I'm sorry if I offended you, okay?"

"...and..."

"...and for insulting you."

"...and..."

"...and for being a 'dick'."

"...and..."

"What else do you want me to say?" He asks a little frustrated.

"Nothing," I laugh. "I am actually surprised you admitted to being a dick."

"You little...-" he trails off trying to think of the right word.

"Little what? Yeah, Matt. I didn't think so."

I gather my things and stand up from my chair.

"So are you ready to go back to class now?" He asks.

"Class? Who said I was going to class?"