5)

----BEFORE----

"Yes Ken I will marry you"

"Oh Barbie you've made me the happiest man in the entire plastic world!" I moved the barbie dolls so they were hugging.

"What have you got there?" My grandma asked me and I giggled.

"Barbie and Ken are getting married Granny! Ill make the invitations you can bake the wedding cake if you want" I said and she looked at me with a sad face.

"Granny? What's the matter?" I asked and gently placed Barbie and Ken into the dream house.

"So you know how your daddy went to the special place?" Granny said and placed me on her lap.

"Granny" I said with a stern look. "Im 6 years old, I know he died" I said and she looked like she was about to cry.

"Yes well, your mommy-" 

"Where is mommy I want her to come to the wedding too!" I said smiling and Granny had broke out into tears.

"I'm afraid she can't now sweetie" She said and I wiped her tears with my thumb. 

"Granny what's wrong?" 

"Your mom's gone" She said and I gasped.

"And she didn't take me?!" I said offended and Granny shook her head.

"She went to go be with daddy" She said and I laughed.

"Mommys so silly she doesn't even know that daddy's- wait." I said coming to a realisation on what she meant.

"Mommys dead too?" I asked, tears filling my eyes and granny stroked my hair.

"Honey it's okay-"

"No it's not! She left me behind! She left me! Did she forget about me? Was I not a good daughter to her?! Does she hate me that much?!" I ask, jumping off her lap. 

"No honey it's nothing like that!"

"Don't lie to me! She's not dead okay! She's not! She wouldn't leave me like that! She loves me and she wouldn't let me go like that! She's not like that!" I said covering my ears, enabling further nonsense from entering my ears.

"Elizabeth it's okay, you survived your dads death you can survive your moms" 

"No I can't! I can't! I can't! I can't! I need my mommy! I need her!" I said running in circles yelling 'Mommy come back'.

My grandmother was crying her head off and I just kept screaming and running. 

She couldn't leave me like this. She wouldn't. She's better than that. I know it. 

Mommy come back.

---PRESENT---

Have you ever wondered why the morning sky is so pale? Almost as if its trying to make us despise it. Then comes the afternoon and suddenly the sky is full of bright blue and you become in a more happy mood. Then there comes sunset where we wave goodbye to another day that we could have spent doing something productive but instead are questioning the colors of our earth. Then falls the black of the night sky which occasionally has a bit of grey depending on how many cloud are in the sky. 

My dad and I used to go cloud watching. He used to take me to this wide open grassy land and there were small bumps in the grass and I used to pretend that I was climbing mount Everest every time I would climb one. My dad would be on the other side waiting for me and every hill I climbed he gave me a cookie. When I was at the top of the hill I would pretend that I was exhausted and lay there, making a story out of the clouds. Eventually my dad would join me and we would be laying there, just observing the clouds.