03; the salvatore brothers

THE SALVATORE BROTHERS AND THEIR GIRLFRIEND

   In the clothing Paige was already wearing, a flannel, and black skinny jeans, she followed 'Klaus' to a generic looking high school. Lights flashed from inside, music booming, and she expected nothing besides teenagers dancing to the rhythm and dressed up for whatever theme had been planned.

   "Try to fit in, okay?" 'Klaus' stressed, "I only have one thing to do tonight, and I expect it to go to plan."

   "What are we doing here?" She questioned.

   "I have an agenda for a certain witch, don't ruin it," he responded.

   "You want me to fit into a dance?" Paige asked, "I haven't been to a dance in 200 years."

   "Try your best, you're not my top priority."

   After "Klaus'" spat out further directions, he quickly left, gone in a blink of an eye. When Paige entered the school, she found herself entering a gymnasium. Teenagers were dressed up in 60's gear, grooving to the decade's music. Clips were being played on a projector, and Paige had never felt so out of place.

   A girl with black wavy hair started dancing towards her, her hands moving, forming into waves, "hey, are you new?"

   Paige didn't know what to say, so she spit out random words, "uh, yeah, new, I'm new."

   "Groovy! I'm Dana!" She yelled over the music.

   "Paige!" She shouted back.

"Paige...what's your last name?"

"...Deveraux!"

"Yeah, you have to be new! So who's your date?"

"My date?" Paige wondered as well.

Suddenly somebody came up next to the both of us, "hey, you crazy teens, how's the dance?"

"It's great!" Dana answered excitedly.

Paige turned to the guy, "awesome!"

The guy speaking to them had dark raven hair swooping down a little on his forehead, and he was wearing a black button down, the first couple buttons unbuttoned.

As Dana moved to the beat, inching away from the two, the man turned to Paige, "I know what you are!"

She gave a look of surprise, "know what I am?"

"Oh you know, the supernatural creature that drinks blood, feeds on humans...has super speed," he replied, raising his eyebrows while leaning in.

Paige's first thought had to be that he knew that she was a vampire, and he might be one as well. He had that weird vibe, but it didn't seem that way before he went all 'I know what you are.' She couldn't get caught in the first hour, what if he was apart of whatever agenda or rebellion Klaus was after?

   "You mean a myth?" Paige corrected.

   "What if I bit you? You'd have to heal, I know..." he leaned in a bit, "I know you're a vampire."

   "You're crazy!" She exclaimed in mock surprise.

   A younger looking man sided up next to him, his hair quiffed up, wearing a black suit and tie. He was quite handsome, yet the situation didn't seem fit to flirt with him.

   "Is there a problem here?" He asked.

   Without wanting to attract anymore attention, she tried to play it off, "no, I'm going to get something to drink."

   As Paige walked off, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, and listened into their following conversation.

  "She's one of us," the accusing guy spoke harshly.

   "You don't know that. Stop attracting attention to yourself, we need to watch out for Klaus," the interrupting guy informed him.

   "He's obviously a no-show," the first guy spit out.

   "Damon, he's not just going to pop up out of thin air, and start dancing with everybody," the second guy continued.

   Paige could sense the awkward silence of Damon possibly rolling his eyes towards the other guy, and stalking off. She could feel his eyes burning through her skull, the urge to look back at him tempting to do. She continued mingling with the rest of the crowded, dancing high school students.