Chapter 1

After Peggy and Daniel clocked out for last time together at SSR, LA, the both of them went down to Daniel's favourite pub and finally had that special drink that they deserved. When the amazing night came to an end, Peggy finally realised she had to say goodbye. But she didn't want to. The beautiful young woman wanted to stay in California but then realised that her whole life was in New York. As the two hugged and said goodbye for ever Daniel leaned forward and kissed her soft, red cheek. Peggy giggled and smiled her biggest smile, Daniel loved it when she giggled, it always made him smile his gorgeous smile back.

The next morning Peggy was standing out the front of 'Mr Auerbach's Theatrical Agency' waiting for Chief Thompson to pick her up. Rose saw the back of Peggy's hair and immediately called up to the office. Chief Sousa answered the phone and Rose explained that Peggy was still here. Daniel immediately hung up the phone and walked down the stairs as fast as he could. He walked outside and greeted Peggy. She smiled and asked what he was doing there, he replied "Rose told me you were still here. Plus, I was wondering what the hell you're doing here? You'll miss your flight!"                                                                                                                                                       "Thompson was supposed to pick me up here, he either forgot about me or slept in!" 

Daniel nodded and offered that he could drive her to the airport, but Peggy said no and that they should go find him. Daniel agreed, got into his car and drove to Jack's hotel room.

"Agent Peggy Carter and Chief Daniel Sousa with the SSR" Daniel said as the two stormed through the door of the hotel and showed their ID cards. "What room was Jack Thompson in?" Asked Peggy.

"Um, room 3A" Replied the receptionist whilst flipping through his book of names.

"Great thanks!" Daniel said abruptly and then they both ran up to the third floor.

'KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK', this was the sound of Daniel banging on Jack's door. After a couple of minutes of banging, Peggy decided to try the door handle. It was open, she slowing turned the handle and the door opened. The agents walked into his room and found him laying down on the ground. Daniel bent down and turned the blonde man over, stepped back and gasped. Peggy's beautiful brown eyes enlarged in surprise and her mouth fell open. Jack was shot, just above the liver. This was bad they had to call the hospital. "Yes" Peggy said into the phone with her amazing accent that Daniel adored "Yes, yes he was shot" then the other person started talking "just above the liver, so you'll be here in 5 minutes?" Peggy hung up the phone. They were both scared, really scared. Even though Jack was rude to both of them, he was their friend and he was going to die.

The ambulance came and they carried Jack into the ambulance on a stretcher. They drove away, syron ringing.