~Chapter 8~

You felt much better after talking to Ink. You hadn't spoken another word since what happened with Chara and 'chapters' so you had had a lot of time to swim in your own thoughts.

With bags swung over your shoulders, you walked briskly through Hotlands, paying no mind to the odd looks you attracted. Ink and Chara talked animatedly behind you as you led. As per usual, Undyne helped you through puzzles, though you had them memorized. But you knew that demonstrating that knowledge could potentially damaged the time line. Then again, it was pretty ruined already... without Blue....

Shaking your head, you raised your head and trudged onward. Time moved faster than you knew and it was growing late as you approached Napstatton's Resort. You trudged in and payed for a room, smiling at Ink and Chara before heading to the stairs.

"Well guys, I paid for the room. We'll rest here for the night. We should be making it to the Judgement Hall sooner than I thought." You confessed.

Yeah, you'll have to face Error even earlier than you'd hoped. Fun...

"Don't worry about the hall," Ink reassured. "I'm sure it'll be fine. After all, all of us against Error will be nothing."

He smiled warmly and you could help but crack a small smile. "Yeah... sure."

You began the jog up the stairs and didn't look back. As you finished the first flight, Chara groaned. "There has to be a better way to get to the room." She complained.

You glanced back and snickered. "Sorry kid. With the elevator broken, stairs are the only option. Guess you shouldn't have eaten so much chocolate before we left."

She growled and rolled her eyes. "You're not my mom."

Ink smirked. "Well actually. I have a shortcut." He boasted.

You sent him a questioning look and and he beamed. "Watch this."

Unstrapping the brush from his back, he slashed a stroke against the wall. From the paint left behind stretched a portal that opened just before our door number. His grin widened even more as he waved a hand and said, "Ladies first."

Chara, grateful for the free ride, bolted through first and snatched the key from you. "Thanks Ink!" She chirped, opening the door.

He chuckled and turned back to you and offered a hand. "I believe it's your turn (Y/N)."

You didn't notice the blush that brushed your cheeks as you took his gloved hand and stepped through. "Thank you Ink. You saved my legs from straining themselves before tomorrow's venture."

He blushed slightly, remembering the previous morning's events and smiled in a small way. "Yeah sure, anything to help."

He closed the portal and you both entered the room. You threw your stuff down on the floor and sat in a chair in the corner of the room while Chara chattered away to Room Service. "Any food is coming from your gold." You reminded her.

Hearing your statement, she stuck her tongue at you and you smirked as she removed a few orders. Ink approached you and you smiled. "What's up Ink?"

"Can I talk to you in private for a moment?" He asked.

Glancing at Chara you nodded. "Sure. She'll be fine on her own." He quickly opened another portal and led you through, plopping you in the middle of the Resort roof. Your breath fell from you lips as you looked over the scenery of Hotlands. The way that civilization had created such a lively community in such a temperate place had always astounded you in the best way. You approached the edge of the roof and rested against the railing, eyes examining the 'skyline' fondly. Ink soon joined you and followed your lead in admiring the city.