Chapter 2

I hear them talking before I see them

I don't open my eyes quite yet, I just sit and listen.

"are you serious?" says the one who laughed at me "you cant be telling me that this prissy little girl I going to be our new vocal instructor."

"Well you still have to decide its not final yet." I hear Dana say nervously in the corner

"Luke, stop" ashton says, obviously angry, " you need to give her a chance"

"HAHA yeah sure like I'm going to do that." I hear Luke say.

I've had enough of listening to this. I open my eyes to see my mom looking down at me with a stern look on her face. I didn't expect her to be worried, she's probably just annoyed that I made a fool of myself.

I see Ashton come over and he takes my hand, "look whos up! I was beginning to think we had our very own sleeping beauty on our hands" He says smiling widely

He's very handsome.

I flash a quick smile and let him help me up. I take a quick look around the room and notice the other two boys for the first time. one has colorful hair and the other looks Asian? maybe? They both look just as nice as Ashton, not like Luke.

They get introduced as Mikey and Calum.

 " Dana said that you were going to sing for us?" asked Ashton

"probably some Hannah Montana" says Luke rolling his eyes

"Here" says Ashton leading me out of the room and across the hall. we walk into a big room with a connection sound room. I step inside the sound room as Ashton says, "Look, I'm really sorry for how Luke is being, I know I shouldn't make excuses for him, but he's not the best with his feelings. After you know him for a while he loosens up I promise. He's a really good guy Kailee."

"okay" I say quietly, not really believing him

I get in the booth and Ashton shuts the door. I see everyone start to pile in, including Luke. They all look at me, waiting for me to sing something. So I sing the first song that pops into my head, "Therapy" by All Time Low.

Halfway through the song Luke leaves. But I honestly could care less.

When I finish Calum opens the door for me and gives me hug. I'm so caught off guard it take me a minute to realize what he's doing. I give him a little hug back. When he lets go his cheeks are red, "Sorry you were just really good." He says leading me into the other room. The boys (the ones who are still here, since Luke left) huddle around each other talking. within a minute the come to their decision.

"You're hired!' says Mikey with a huge smile. "And we would like you to start tomorrow!"

I look at my mom and she just gives me a nod.

"I'll take it I guess" I say quietly.

"YAY" they all yell engulfing me in a huge bear hug. After making plans for tomorrow mom and I head out. I say goodbye to the boys and head straight for the bathroom to change telling mom id meet her at the car.

After changing back into my comfy clothes I try to find my way back out of the building. All of a sudden I crash into someone.

"What the" I here him say, and I instantly know who it is.

I look up at Luke and quickly stand. "I'm sorry" I mumble.

"Do I know you?" he asks

"um.." I don't even get the sentence out before he realizes it

"holy crap you're the prissy chick from earlier. Ha you clean up nice" he sais taking me in

"thanks." I say feeling my cheeks get red. I cant feel his eyes on me, looking at every inch of me.

"I'm not hitting on you I promise." He says laughing "I would never stoop so low as to go for a prude like you"

And with that he walks away leaving me behind, almost in tears.

I walk back to the car, I don't talk to my mom the whole way home.

This job is going to suck, I think as I head up to my room to take a well deserved nap after what I've been through today. Sliding off my clothes I get into my comfy warm sheets and drift to sleep.