4: Crash

Luke wasn't much of a drinker, but that night he wanted to dull the anger and annoyance that was building up from michael

Even though michael was across the room, his laughter sent bursts of anger through luke. The way michael would scrunch his face before covering it with his hands at something calum would said continued to strike a nerve in luke.

He threw back another shot, clearing his throat once he slammed the glass down on the table. His hands pressed on to the table top as he glared.

"You okay there luke?" Ashton asked, slurring his words. Luke slowly pulled his gaze away from calum and michael.

He looked at ashtons cheery yet curious expression before pulling a large fake smile. "Yes. Wonderful."

"Great!" Ashton said, not catching the fake smile. He patted luke on the shoulder,  "its late, lets find our DD, steve-o!" He spun around and marched off, quickly disapearing through the crowd.

Luke looked back to catch calum kissing michaels cheek, rubbing a hand across his chest as he walked away. Luke narrowed his eyes, "i thought they were just friends.." he mumbled to himself. 

Michael giggled at calum, slowly looking away as his friend left to go to the bathroom. His gaze drifted along the room, only to stop once it reached the glaring luke. "What the fuck is his problem?"

Something about an angry luke intrigued michael, so he wanted to get closer. He moved away from his spot and headed for luke.

Lukes glare quickly changed to an expression of panic as he watched michael walk over.

He looked to his right, blocked by a couple making out. He looked to his left, yes its open! Quick, escape! Run! Flee! Luke took two steps toward his exit, only to bump into the jerk himself.

Michael faintly grunted when the drunk luke collided with him, making luke stumble. Michael reached out to grab the boys shoulders to help stable him.

Luked usually styled hair hung low, messily dangling infront of his blue eyes. His cheeks were a bit pink, and he swayed a little with drunkness. Michael wouldnt publicly admit it, but luke looked...sort of... good.

Before any words could be said, an angry ashton and calum suddenly appeared beside the two boys. "Steve fucking bailed on us. He left with some chick!" Ashton hollered .

Both michael and luke slowly turned their heads to look at the, rarely, angry ashton. They were surprised.  "What?" Luke managed to speak first.

"Steve, hes gone. No DD!" snapped calum, who also was clearly drunk. That made two out of the four boys a clear no for driving.

Luke and michael looked at eachother again. Luke was barely able to stand straight, he even looked like he was slowly tipping over.

Sighing,  being only tipsy, michael nodded and turned to ashton. He held out his hand, "keys?" With a giggle, ashton gave him the keys.

Once the keys were in his palm, michael squeezed between cal and ashton. "Then lets go." He headed straight for the door, letting the three drunks manage themselves.

Luke grabbed a hand full of ashtons shirt, using it to help guide himself along.  Next thing he truly noticed was michael helping him into the passengerside of the car, trying to stop him from pushing him away.

"Dun touuuush me!" Slurred luke, pushing away michaels hands. He didnt want the meanie touching him.

After he closed the door in frustration, michael turned to help the two others into the back. Once he watched them put on their seat belts,  he closed that door and walked to the drivers side.

He got into the drivers side, sitting down heavily. He pulled on his seat belt as he started up the car. With a small brief glance toward the pouting luke, he checked the mirrors before pulling away from his parking space next to the side walk.

They drove in silence for about ten minutes before a loud sigh came from luke. "I need music!"

Michael glanced in the mirror to see calum and ashton were asleep, leaning on eachother as much as they could but their seat belts restricted their movements.

Movement in the corner of his eyes made michael glance over too luke. "Are you not wearing a seat belt?" Michael asked, surprised. He looked back toward the nearly empty road, trying to remember if he buckled luke in or not.

"Nope!" luke said childishly, popping the P. He sounded proud of himself,  which made michael narrow his eyes. "Seat belt,  luke."

"Nope."
"Luke. Do it."
"No!" Huffed luke as he messed with the radio, grinning. 
"Luke! Do it! Now!"

Giggling, luke repeated a no. Michael snapped his head to the side to glare at the grinning luke. "LUKE!"

luke glanced over at michael, giggling for the second time. Their eyes met, but something made luke look away. He glanced toward the front of the car and widdened his eyes.

"MICHAEL!!!" luke screamed. Confused, michael jerked to look forward just in time to see a car heading directly for them.

Panicking, micheal jerked the wheel, hard. Another scream came from luke, waking the two in the back.

It all happened so quickly, but to the boys it was like they were moving in slow motion.

Michael hit the ditch at an angle, sending the car up into the air a bit.  The car flipped, sending michael slamming against his door. calum and ashton were jerked forward, but trapped in place from their seatbelts.

Being seatbeltless, luke was easily slammed against his door, slamming his head against the glass. He was then thrown forward and up, but his vision was already getting blurry before going dark.

The next time luke opened his eyes, he was laying on the roof of the car, still inside. There was glass and blood everywhere,  but whos blood was it? Luke groaned and tried to move but it hurt. He glanced over to look at michael.

Michael was dangling in his seat, held in place by the belt. His body was limp, but he was breathing.  His poor beautiful pale skin was covered in red cuts. was it from the glass?

With a whine luke tried to shift around to check on calum and ashton but the pain was too much. He got nauseous and the darkness started to fill in his vision again, passing back out.