Ch. 4

I sighed, finally back in my room, and laid down on my bed. All day I had to deal with Baekhyun's and Sehun's antics, always catching them tripping or pushing each other. It always started out as teasing, all for fun, but then they got too into it. Luckily neither of them got hurt again...that is if Sehun was actually hurt earlier.

Other than that, I also had to keep Tao from falling asleep wherever he sat. I asked about why he wasn't sleeping well, but he would just shrug and give a lame excuse, then move somewhere else and pass out.

Then there was lunch, when everyone started arguing over who would go shopping with me afterwards. I ended up going alone, wanting to avoid everyone getting jealous that I picked one of them over the others.

Overall, my day was really hectic. I just really needed to take a nap before I had to go back to running the house. I was one of the youngest one's in the house, why did I have to babysit all of these guys as if they were little kids?

After laying on my bed for a while, I decided that I should take a shower and then go and help Mrs. Wood with getting ready for dinner. I sat up and made my way to my dresser, pulling out a pair of high-waisted shorts and a white, off-the-shoulder top. Then I quickly grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom, turning on the shower, and undressed.

I made sure the water was cool enough, since the knobs were a little touchy at times, then climbed inside. I washed my hair quickly, careful not to put too much shampoo in my dark brown hair. Then I spent the rest of the time letting the water fall down my body. It was quite relaxing, and I happily stood there, enjoying the cool water hitting my skin.

After a few more minutes, I decided I should probably get out, so I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, quickly drying off with my towel, and got dressed. I had just finished putting on my shorts when a knock sounded on my bedroom door.

"One second!" I called, and threw on my shirt, tucking it into the shorts as I exited the bathroom. Running over to the door, I opened it and saw that Suho was standing there. "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey." He replied. "You coming down to the kitchen?" He asked, and I nodded.

"I decided to take a shower real quick and then head down. I just need to dry my hair real quick." I said, and turned away from the door, leaving it open while I retrieved my towel from the bathroom. "So..." I began, placing the towel over my head and rubbing it, drying up my still slightly damp hair. "Did you just come up to see if I was going to help? You look like you have something else to say.

He looked away, at the doorway, and bit his lip. He looked really nervous. "Well...I just wanted to tell you that..." He paused, and looked back at me. He hesitated for a few seconds, then sighed. "I wanted to say thanks. You have been a big help since we all moved in."

I smiled, I wasn't expecting him to say something like that. "I'm happy that I'm here. And I want to thank you, and all your brothers. You guys have made me happier than I have been for a long while." I said, then gave him a quick hug.

"Well, we should head downstairs and set the table." I smiled, and put my trowel in the hamper before exiting my room. Suho followed close after me, laughing to himself as I walked with a very noticeable bounce in my step.

We made our way downstairs, passing Lay, Sehun, and Xiumin on our way. Sehun nodded to me, and Lay couldn't help but laugh along with Xiumin. I'm glad they found this enjoyable. I looked like a total nut, but I didn't care since I was in a good mood.

We continued into the kitchen where Mrs. Wood had already put the plates and everything into the trolley for us. Suho took the cart and pushed it through the doors that I held open and we quickly set out the plates, cups, silverware, and napkins.