Forbidden Feelings ضٝ

Jovonnie

"I love the way you make me feel.. Baby I love the way" - Arianna Grande

Holding my best friends hand, I couldn't help but grinand cheese at all the hating hoes. Kamari just won his Championship game, I was soooo excited. Everybody wanted a piece of him after he shot that 3 pointer, but here he was.... by my side. True enough, I was happy that he came to me first but why ?

"Umm Kamari ?" I asked, tugging on his hand. 

"Hmmm ?" He looked down and blessed me with those beautiful eyes of his. I mean, they were just gorgeous. The color of a shiny, new penny and big and beautiful with thick eyelashes. Good God.

"Are you sure you don't want to go celebrate with your team-mates?" 

Sighing, he said "I just want to be surrounded by my day ones"

"You mean your day ONE... me." I spoke, jokingly.

"Yes you, Jovannie Kaliyah Douglas." He said,while laughing.

My eyes widened. That's not my last name.

'Does he know?'

My thoughts were interuppted by his laughter.

"Girl, you should've seen your face. I was just playing, but yo eyes looked like golf balls. Don't trip, you know we ain't like that" He spoke, while releasing my hand to talk to his Coach.

'A girl can only hope.'

****************

I was born on December 25th, 1996. Jovannie Kaliyah Carmichael. Im Korean, Ecudorian and African American, crazy ass combination. My mama said that when she looked at me she knew that I would be something, so now I have to live up to that theory. 

Im a senior at Johnsonville High here in Austin TX, and I am ready to get the hell out of there. I mean its a good school and all but boring as hell. I wish I went to Kamari's school, yeah its all kinds of ratchet but anything is better than being here.

When I graduate, Im attending UGA and Im majoring in Journalism. You don't know how fast Im getting gone, lol. The day OF my graduation Im leaving. My life here is crazy. My family is too extra. 

Mama? - Depressed over a nigga who damn shol don't want her.

Daddy? - Somewhere with his stripper girlfriend but he stops by every month to "Do The Do" with Mama.

Sister? - Being a hoe with 3 kids, and 3 different baby daddies

Sooooo you see my dilemma. Im gonna be the first person to go to college. I have to make something out of myself. I can't end up like my Mama or Sister. 

The only person who Im gonna hate leaving is my bestfriend Kamari Douglas. He brightens my day just by looking at him. I've known him for almost 5 years and each year has been amazing. 

Flashback

April 31st, 2009

"How could you do this to me Robert ?" My mother cried, tears rapidly streaming down her cheeks like a river while mascara dripped threating to blind her. 

"Do what Nicole ? I have a girl, you knew what this was before you slid them panties down." My dad argued back.

Here we are sitting at the dinner table ----- YES, the damn dinner table. It was like they didn't have any regards for their 2 daughters and grandchild sitting in their presence. They argued like it was no tomorrow, but we were used to it. This happened every month around the same time. My daddy showed up, took us shopping then took my mama to her bedroom and did the nasty. We would eat dinner then the World Rumble would start.