Broken Bridges

"You're the only one I wish I could forget, the only one I love to not forgive and though you break my heart... You're the only one and though there are times when I hate you because I cant erase, the times that you hurt me and put tears on my face" - Beyoncé

Jovonnie.

Walking through my front door, I looked into the living room to see Mama & Daddy sitting on the sofa. They were holding hands and Mama had her head on his shoulder. Asia and Rico sat in the Laz-E-Boy.

Seeing this made me stop in my tracks and state at them.

"Hey Vonnie" My dad said while giving me a small smile.

A simple wave was my response.

I felt Mama's burning a hole in me, like she wanted me to say hey to her too.

Tuh, she got a mouth too.

"We need to talk," My dad said patting the seat next to him. "Come sit down"

I stared at him contemplating my next move.

If I go sit next to him then it'll probably be something stupid that's not even worth my time.

Or

If I go get my bag packed THEN come sit down I can flee quickly if need be.

I nodded to myself , yeah I like that one.

"Aight, hol up." I said before rushing to my room.

Quickly grabbing my Coach tote, I began filling it up with Panties, Bras, and socks. I then rushed to my closet and grabbed shirts, pants, shorts, tanks, and a maxi dress. I threw them all into my bag. I then grabbed my makeup bag, and jewelry tote, stuffing them into the tote as well. Grabbing a few perfumes, lotions and deodorants, I threw them with the other stuff.

Sighing, I lifted my arms and a smell greeted me. It was a musty odor.

"Ewwww JoJo," I mumbled to myself, "You stank girl"

I had just came back from practicing with Kamari and his basketball team. So that explained the musty-ness.

afterwards, He had told me to just drop him off at his house, so that I could go get some more clothes.

"Be careful with my baby" He told me, referring to his car.

Thinking back on that made me roll my eyes. I glanced at my closed door, then the bathroom. I did this a few times. Trying to figure out if I wanted to take a quick shower or go to my boyfriend's house stanky.

"Ahhh fuck it, they can wait. I STANK." I thought in my head before stripping down. Rushing to the bathroom I jumped in the shower for about 10 minutes. Once I got out I began putting on Lotion and deodorant.  I put on a pair of cheetah print leggings and Kamari's crew neck. I slid my feet into a pair of Jordan's and put my hat over my hair before grabbing my tote and Louis Vuitton purse.

When I reached the Living room, I noticed that my family were still sitting in same spot that I had left them in.

Creepy.

I placed my bags on the floor in front of the door.

"Well took ya long enough," Mama said sarcastically.

Shooting her a look from the corner of my eye, I picked up Rico from Asia's lap.

"Hey man, " I cooed, while kissing his fat cheeks.

I love my nephew. He's the best thing to happen to this family. Even Mama loved him. He was such a cuddly, and happy baby.

"I miss you man-man" I spoke in baby talk, while pouting at him. He touched my face and showed his front teeth.