1

I sat there inside the house with my back against the stairs as I looked out the long glass panel of the front door, tears fell from my eyes as I watched the dead rip flesh from his lifeless body.

I buried my head into my legs muffling the sound of the sobs that left my mouth as I clutched tightly onto the black pistol that was in my hand, I looked up looking through the glass seeing more walkers had joined the feeding frenzy and was eating my boyfriends dead body.

I finally managed to force myself up off the floor and quietly make my way down the hallway into the kitchen opening a kitchen cupboard seeing that it was empty, I sighed out opening another seeing that there was only glasses and plates inside.

The walkers outside must of finished their meal as they started banging on the glass of the door clearly sensing that there was someone inside so I took that as my signal to make a move.

I put my bag across my body holding my gun tightly in my hand trying the the handle of the back door, it was thankfully unlocked and I quietly and quickly leave walking into the back yard.

Not wanting to take my chances with heading to the front of the house I make my way up the back of the house pulling my self up looking over the wall seeing it was clear on the other side, I climb over landing on the other side seeing I was on a road.

I start walking slowly down the road not knowing where I was going, I was alone for the first time since this whole mess started and I was scared, I had lost everyone and everything but I needed to stay positive as that's what Calvin my boyfriend always said to me
"We need to stay positive Quinn, even though the world and everything around us is falling apart"

Though I'm not sure how positive I can be now I'm fighting to stay alive all on my own.